Chapter 5: Any Means Necessary

A little bit later in the Interior Hallway, deuce is trying to collect the Wishing Stars from the other students.

He soon spots the first student, "Hey, uh... Excuse me! You there, Savanaclaw student!"

The Savanaclaw student turns to see Deuce, "Yeah? Whaddaya want?"

"I'm Deuce Spade, one of the Stargazers," Deuce introduces himself, "Could you give me your Wishing Star?"

"Why should I?" The Savanaclaw student questions.

"Um...because that's how this works?" Deuce answers.

And the Savanaclaw Student says, "I don't feel like it."

"But..." Deuce speaks out.

But the Savanaclaw Student angrily says, "Buzz off. I got no reason to bother with this ridiculous ceremony. I'm not some kindergartener, unlike you, kiddo."

This makes Deuce frown, "...Oh yeah? Wanna try sayin' that again?" and is ready to get into a fight.

Just then, Trey walks over, "Sure enough, a fight's already brewing. Okay, Deuce, cool your jets!"

"Trey?!" Deuce questions.

Soon, the Savanaclaw Student asks, "Hey, can I go now or what?"

"Yeah, sorry to bother you," Trey answers.

Then the student walks away without any incident.

Then mutters to himself, "Guess I was right to follow him..."

Deuce turns to Trey, "What's the deal, Trey? And what's with the entourage?"

"I didn't get a chance to warn you about collecting the Wishing Stars," Trey answers, "You saw how that guy reacted just now, right?"

"Yeah, he wasn't cooperative at all," Deuce answers.

Then Trey explains, "I'm afraid you'll find most students on campus will be like that. Everyone things the Starsending's a drag. They don't want to contribute to it."

"Uh, yeah, 'cause we're not in middle school. People grow out of Starsendings. No one believes in that stuff anyway," Idia says from the tablet.

"I wouldn't say 'no one.'" Ortho replies.

"Oh, yeah, you're so right, Ortho! I just meant people here are total contrarians..." India responds.

Suddenly, Crowley arrives, "PRECISELY!"

Everyone yelps in surprise.

"Headmage?!" Ortho says, shocked.

"Nearly made me jump outta my skin..." Idia says, startled from the tablet.

"It's all too true," Crowley says, "The students at this school have never been compliant when it comes to the Starsending. But this one needs to be a RESOUNDING success! I'd like our student body to learn some cooperation... But more to the point, schools garner a better reputation when they do honor to traditional ceremonies! Which is where you Stargazers come in. Do not let our students' dismal attitudes browbeat you into submission. Gather as many Wishing Stars as you can. In fact, you may enlist Sereia and the others for extra aid."

"Mrah?!" Grim yelps/

"Huh?" Sereia and the twins reply, dumbfounded.

Then Crowley says, "We cannot have any unflattering photos appear in the papers. This year, I authorize you to use any means necessary to get the job done!"

"...Except magic, right?" Deuce questions.

Then Crowley says, "I permit that as well.

"Are... Are you sure?!" Deuce asks, surprised.

Then Trey speaks out, "I thought it was against the rules to use magic in personal disputes."

"This is no personal dispute. The Starsending is a crucial campus event—thus, securing cooperation is vital to our educational mission!" Crowley says.

"This year's shaping up to be even more of a mess than usual..." Trey responds.

Then Crowley remembers, "Oh, that's right! I have something for you all," and presents it to the Briar, Deuce, and Trey.

"Clothes?" Deuce and Briar question.

"Aren't they splendid? Don't be shy now, try them on!" Crowley says with a smile.

Soon enough, Briar, Trey, and Decue head into the changing room to change into their Starsending robe. The first to come out is Deuce.

The Starsending robe is a navy blue long vest with gold stars and moon decorated on it. There is a white robe- like outfit with a black collar. He is also wearing black pants as well. Deuce is also wearing a headband decorated with stars and a crescent moon.

Then Trey walks out, wearing a similar outfit, but the headband is different.

Briar soon comes out and is wearing a Stargsending robe like dress, it has the same design and appearance as the boys, but looks more like a dress The headband on her head has stars and a crescent moon with a star on the inside. She is also wearing black tights. She also has a star-shaped hair clip behind her hair.

Ortho is excited, "Ooh! Starsending Robes! Stargazers traditionally wear them. That's so cool!"

"They look very nice," Briar says.

"Wow. You look so pretty," Sereia says.

"Indeed. You look really graceful in it," Tanzanite says.

"Hey Deuce, you and Trey look cool in yours," Jasper says.

"To glitter too," Grim says.

Then Crowley says, "I'll explain the ceremonial dance and drumming you'll perform at the Starsending later. In the meantime, would you wear these outfits and continue collecting Wishing Stars?"

"Yes, sir," Deuce says.

"Okay," Briar says.

"...I'll do my best," Trey says.

"Glad to hear it! Until then, adieu!" Crowley says.

Then he walks off.

With a frown, Grim says, "Sounds like we're gettin' dragged into yet another mess. Whaddaya say, guys?"

"Nothing new for us," Jasper bluntly says.

"Just what does the headmage think we are, his personal lackeys?!" Grim asks, annoyed.

Then Sereia says, "Well, I mind helping."

"I don't mind," Tanzanite says. "Do you want us to lend a hand?"

"Absolutely. The more people we have collecting Wishing Stars, the better, "Trey says.

"Sure I don't mind," Jasper says.

Trinket nods in reply.

Grim groans, "Myaaargh... Fine, whatever. I don't want the headmage givin' me any guff later."

"I'm glad to be working with you guys!" Deuce says.

"All right, we should start collecting in earnest," Trey says.

"The gang and I can help out, Briar, Deuce and Trey," Grim says.

Then Ortho says, "Okay, then I'll assist my brother."

Idia groans, "Ugh... Guess I can't put it off forever."

"If some people won't cooperate, then I'll let my fists do the talking," Deuce says, "That's a language I'm fluent in. I'm gonna get those Wishing Stars, and I won't take no for an answer!"

"Please don't, Deuce. You'll get us in trouble," Briar says.