Bonus Chapter 5: Pomefiore Wishes

Vil:

In Vil's room...

"You want my wish?" Vil questions.

And soon says, "I have none."

"What?!" Trey and Grim react in shock.

"Surely you can give us something," Vil says, "You know how students wish at the well in the courtyard, 'cause it supposedly makes them come true? It's like that. Just for funsies."

Then Vil sternly says, "Let me make one thing clear, Trey. I have zero respect for anyone who believes in that hoax and wastes their time on it."

"Oh, uh... I see," Trey replies.

"Hoping for a miracle without putting in the work to make it happen is the epitome of indolence. I make my own miracles. I have no wishes to send to the stars. That's all there is to it," Vil explains.

"I wasn't expecting you to be so dead set against making a wish. This is tricky," Trey says.

"If that's your stance as a housewarden... Every student in Pomefiore is gonna be too scared to make their own wishes!" Grim says.

"Also true," Trey says, "Which would mean we couldn't do our job as Stargazers. Could you please just wish for something, as a favor to us? Anything will do. Like, I dunno, a new lipstick or something."

"Or a can of tuna for breakfast tomorrow," Grim says.

Sereia giggles, "That sounds silly. Besides, that sounds like something you like, Grim."

"You could wish to be beautiful," Sereia suggests.

But realizes, "But wait, you're already beautiful. Can you be more beautiful?"

Vil chuckles a bit. Not that he has an exact answer.

But then Sereia has another idea, "Or maybe, you could wish to meet someone special."

"Lame," Grim says, bluntly.

That has Vil annoyed, "Oh, for crying out loud... Cease your pathetic begging. You make it sound like I'm the bad guy here! Fine, I'll throw you a bone if you're so desperate," and makes his wish, "My wish is... for all of you to quit nagging me right now."

The three react in shock as the wishing star glows.

"You will grant my wish promptly, won't you?" Vil says.

Grim yelps, "Mragh! Look, we didn't ASK to collect all these stars, okay?! You don't gotta be like that!"

Then Trey says, " Let's just leave well enough alone, Grim. We got what we came for, so let's move on. Man, he's got some really strong feelings about wishes. I guess that's Vil for you, though..."

Sereia simply nods her head in reply.

Rook:

In Rook's room...

Rook makes his wish, "I present to you my wish: To drink in every last bit of beauty in the world."

And soon Rook's wishing star glows.

Sereia is a bit confused by Rook's wish.

"Can't say I expected anything less," Trey says, "You're definitely committed to your cause, Rook. You live in Pomefiore and work alongside Vil. You see beauty all day long; enough that anyone else would be sick of it. Yet you still haven't had your fill?"

"Never, Trey. For I am an avaricious man," Rook says, "I wish to see all the beauty the world has to offer, and to grasp its essence. Take, for example, a stone that sparkles with little crystals, like fresh-fallen snow. Or a tower that stands tall and dignified, even as it is weathered by the ravages of time, or..."

Trey says, "Uh-oh. Something tells me I just sent him off on a very long tangent. He completely tunes out when he gets like this." then turns to Rook, "Psst. Rook. Twisted Wonderland to Rook."

"Why, simply imagining such heretofore-unseen beauty... Oh, très bien!" Rook happily says, "It makes my heart quiver with unremittent joy!"

"Yeah, he's not listening at all," Trey says.

"Guess not," Sereia replies.

Then Trey tries to get Rook's attention again, "Okay, Rook. My bad for even asking the question. Your passion is clear."

"You understand me, even with my meager explanation?" Rook replies, "But of course—we have spent many an hour together in the same club. Chevalier des Roses. My friend."

"How many times do I have to ask you to stop calling me that? It's embarrassing," You didn't call me that when we were freshmen, right?" Trey says.

"Certainly not," Rook says, "One must have a roi—a king—to be a chevalier, or a knight."

Trey rolls his eyes, Sheesh...from your perceptions to your wishes, you are definitely one of a kind, Rook.

Epel:

In Epel's room...

Epel makes his wish, "My wish is... to grow taller."

And his wishing star glows.

"Huh? Why do you wanna get taller?" Jasper questions.

"I've always thought big, brawny guys were cool. So if I get taller, I'll be closer to that," Epel says.

"Ah... Well, I guess being tall is enough to make some people look tough," Deuce says.

He then asks, "Is there anyone at school who's close to what you're thinking, Epel?"

"If I had to name someone..." Epel thinks for a minute and says, "Probably Jack, from my class."

"Oh yeah, he's definitely over 190 centimeters tall. I'd say he fits the bill," Deuce says.

"And talk about brawny; that guy's practically a walking set of chiseled abs," Jasper agrees.

"Yeah. I actually asked him once what he did to get that tall," Epel says.

"What'd he say?" Tanzanite asks.

"He said... 'I don't know,' Epel answers, "He explained he was a pretty average height when he was a kid. Then after elementary school, he started getting growing pains in his legs. And practically overnight, he grew about as tall as he is now."

"I can only imagine how bad his growing pains were with a growth spurt that fast," Deuce says, "I remember when I started middle school, I used to wake up with terrible pain at night."

"I haven't experienced anything like that so far," Epel says, a little surprised.

And then smiles, "So I'm hoping I've still got a growth spurt coming."

"Well, Tanzanite and I are dwarfs so we won't get that much of a growth spurt," Jasper says.

"But we hope that your wish will come true," Tanzanite says.

"Thank you. And I hope you can grow a little bigger too," Epel says.