Bonus Chapter 3: Octavinelle Wishes

Azul's Wish:

In Azul's room...

Azul makes his wish, "My wish is... for the Mostro Lounge to flourish more than ever before."

And his Wishing Star glows.

"That's a very Azul wish, but it's so bland and predictable," Idia says.

"Idia! You're saying the quiet part out loud!" Ortho says.

"That wasn't very nice," Briar says. "However, I did remember that we wanted to make a second Mostro Lounge somewhere on campus. At first he wanted to use Ramshackle Dorm for it. But we're cool about it now."

Azul scoffs, "Hmph. I don't care what others think. After all, I have made thorough preparations to ensure this wish comes true!"

"Wow, Azul Ashengrotto. I've never seen anyone prepare for a wish," Ortho says.

"What did you do?" Briar asks.

"I'm specifically referring to a business collaboration involving the Lounge's three most popular menu items," Azul says.

"A collaboration?" Azul questions, "You mean like when a café does a big event for an anime?"

"Exactly," Azul says with a smile, "Our café is in Night Raven College, which is a major name among arcane academies. That branding carries quite a bit of weight. We've already received offers from businesses, and are in the planning stages. If this collaboration succeeds, opening a second branch or even a third wouldn't be out of the question." But then frowns, "The trouble is, the headmage got wind of it. He insisted that if we were to use the Night Raven College brand in our marketing... Then the school would be entitled to royalties. I mean, seriously. How greedy can one man be?"

"You're one to talk," Idia says.

Briar sheepishly smiles. Sadly, Briar kind of understands Azul's goals.

Then Ortho says, "You know, Idia... I'm starting to think Azul Ashengrotto's wish isn't actually a wish. It's more like a goal."

"Yeah, that tracks. He always talks about how much he hates RNGs when we're doing Board Game Club stuff," Idia says.

Azul laughs, "Heh heh heh... I'll make my wish come true. You can take that to the bank!"

"Uh... Azul? I'm not trying to take the wind out of your sails, but that's not what this event's about..." Idia replies, sounding unsure.

Floyd:

In Floyd's room...

Floyd makes his wish, "My wish? I wish for new shoes."

And soon Floyd's wishing star glows.

"I've seen you pouring through shoe catalogues before, Floyd Leech. You must really like footwear!" Ortho says happily.

But Idia says, "Can't you just buy some? Why would you use your wish on that?"

"You don't get it, Firefly Squid. They're not so easy to come by," Floyd says, "Here, lemme pull 'em up on my phone," And shows them a picture of the shoes, "These ones here. The laces are pretty basic, but check out the shape of the toe box. Cool, huh?

"Ooh! The color's nice—black with blue highlights," Ortho says.

"Have to admit, they look pretty cool," Briar says.

Trinket looks at the shoes curiously.

"Good eye, Lil' Clione and Shrimpy," Floyd says, "These shoes are hand dyed. I wanna get a pair in my own custom colors!"