Chapter 13: I Hope Your Wish Comes True

A few days after the Starsending...

Everyone has enjoyed the Wish Upon a Star Show, and are very excited.

However, the Starsenders and Ramshackle Students have a little job at the Sports field.

"Man, this STINKS!" Grim cries out in anger.

And it reveals that the gang are tearing the old grass.

"We've been doin' nothin' but tearin' up old grass on the sports field and resurfacin' the lawn... I can't take it anymore!" Grim says, annoyed.

Ortho apologizes, I'm sorry. This is all because my Stargazer Gear attachment burned the grass with its jet propulsion flames during takeoff."

"You've got nothing to be sorry for. You took off from here because no one else was around, right?" Deuce says.

"Yes, but if I'd lowered the output, we wouldn't have to resod the lawn," Ortho says.

"No way! When it's time to go full blast, you gotta commit to it and put the pedal to the metal! And you were blasting all the way into space! Going whole hog was the only way to do it!" Deuce says.

"I'm detecting irregularities in your vitals when you discuss this topic, Deuce Spade," Ortho says.

"Deuce just likes goin' full tilt. Don't worry about him, Ortho," Deuce says.

"What I wanna know is why Idia isn't here," Deuce says.

"Yeah. We haven't seen him since we got here," Briar says.

"Mm... He said, quote: 'I hard carried the whole team by crafting the Stargazer Gear. I don't owe them anything ever again.'" Ortho says.

"No surprises there, I guess..." Deuce says.

"If anything, I'm still shocked at how proactive he was the day of the ceremony," Trey says.

Deuce laughs a bit, "Ahaha, yeah, no kidding."

Grim groans, "Maaan! All this burnt grass is stickin' to my paws. It's grossin' me out! I did my part and helped you all out! Why do I gotta do this too?!"

"Uh, because we all agreed to help," Jasper says.

"And we agreed to help Briar," Tanzanite adds.

"I hear that, believe me. No matter how hard you work as a Stargazer, some wishes just don't come true," Trey says.

"Guess we can't all have it as easy as the old man in the story..." Deuce says.

Suddenly, Sereia notices, "Hey guys, isn't that Idia heading towards us now."

Everyone looks and they do see Idia running towards them at top speed.

Once he arrives, Idia calls out, "Ortho! ORTHO!"

"Idia?! What's wrong? You look panicked," Ortho asks, surprised.

"Hey, Idia, perfect timing," Deuce says, "We were just talking about you—"

But Idia interrupts, "Zip it, Deuce! I've gotta talk to Ortho, STAT."

"Excuse me?!" Deuce questions, upset, "We've been toiling away out here while you've been kicking back in your room..."

Trey then comes over to calm him down, "Easy there, Deuce. Just let it go."

Idia then says to Ortho, "They just resumed development on the Star Rogue sequel! And holds out the tablet, "Check the article on my tablet!"

Ortho is surprised, "...No way."

"Yes way!" Idia says, "And the original dev team has miraculously gotten back together. The article says that when they saw the recent meteor shower, it reminded them of how passionate they were in the old days. They gotta be talking about the meteor shower you made when you brought the Wishing Stars into the sky!"

"Does that mean...your wish came true?" Deuce asks, surprised.

Everyone exclaims in shock, "WHAAAT?!"

Idia snickers, " Whee hee hee. My schedule's gonna be PACKED. I gotta play the game, read all the lore, and..."

"His wish actually came true? Just like in the story?!" Deuce asks, surprised.

"Does that mean I'm gonna get my wish too?" Grim asks.

"It's entirely possible!" Ortho answers.

Trey laughs, "Haha, you just might. I don't think there's precedent for a Stargazer delivering wishes directly to the stars. Maybe the stars can work miracles after all."

Grim soon gets excited, "Myah hah hah! I wanna be a great mage PRONTO!"

"Oh yeah, Briar—you didn't make a wish, did you?" Deuce asks.

"Yeah, I let Grim make his wish instead," Briar says.

"Maybe you could use the Wishing Star for yourself next year," Deuce says.

Briar thinks of a wish and says, "I think I know what my wish would be."

Deuce smiles and says, "I hope your wish comes true, Briar."