"Save your tears"

Nosaka Yuuma's POV
-----------------------

Hikaru was now blushing even deeper and had wide eyes as he looked at me stunned "You..yeah you.." he was now covering his face with his hands while letting out some sobs

The state Hikaru was in was really making me worry, so I decided to ignore what he said, at least for the moment, and try to calm him down

"Hikaru! Please calm down.."

I said while getting closer to him, trying to make him understand I wanted to help him out

He was still covering his face but he tried to talk to me "Nosaka..I'm sorry I...Sometimes I hate myself for not feeling useful enough. Sometimes...I feel like I'm nothing except next to you. Look at me, I'm probably a burden to you"

He now looked at me while crying and I really was hating how much he was hurting from all of this

"You're enough! You're more than enough Hikaru! You are not and will never be a burden to me, you are only a help to me. The strength you have is evident even without me by your side"

I brought my hands closer to his face and his look was a little alarmed, but when I realized that I had the consent to get closer, I dried some of his tears with my fingers.

Hikaru looked at me with an almost relaxed expression on his face, but then he looked a bit on the side frowning a little "You shouldn't be this kind to me...not this kind after the things I said to you now.. After the things I did back then.." He looked in my eyes again "By now..I still don't understand why have you been so nice to me after what I did to you...to your friends"

The tears had subsided so I decided to put my hand back on his shoulder "I did all these things because I saw a light in you that you were not capable of seeing"

Hikaru  had raised an eyebrow as he looked at me puzzled "What..what do you-"
I stopped him and continued "What I mean is..I know what It's like to be destroyed internally by a system that plays with you at will and plays with your feelings and your identity"

Hikaru was now looking at me with a serious face as I continued "So I discovered almost immediately that you weren't the person you were showing, that something was off.. and as you already know, I investigated and found that I had drawn the right conclusions."

Hikaru was blinking as he heard me talking and after closing one moment his eyes he spoke "But.. even considering this, then you also welcomed me after all this"

I sighed and closed my eyes as I put my hands on my hips "I understand that ultimately we had never spoken well about all this... we let it pass as if nothing had happened"

I look back in his eyes "Why don't we sit on the bed? I think it's better than just standing there."

Hikaru blushes a little "Yeah..maybe you are right, I'm sorry.."

I put my hand to my forehead for a second but then laugh "You should start saying sorry less..the only people you need to apologize to are our comrades who will now be worried about you. They are not looking for you only because they know that for now I am here with you"

Hikaru had a funny expression filled with embarrassment "You're right! I'm sorry..no w-wait!" he started gesticulating and I was finding it quite hilarious, but he continued talking "I mean, I agree with you! I will talk to them after this, I promise."

I just smile at him as I tilt my head a bit and pat the the part next to me on the bed, to invite him to sit down "C'mon, sit down"
in the drawer of the bedside table next to me I remember that there are some handkerchiefs and I take them "And take these, dry your face well"

Hikaru blushes and responds pretty quickly "T-Thanks.." after taking the handkerchief I handed him, he sat down next to me looking a little to the side of my face.