"Backpack"

Ichihoshi Hikaru's POV
-----------------------

When I got out of the shower Nosaka was already gone, and I didn't know if I was sorry about that or not, at least I could breathe a sigh of relief. But I was sad that he didn't wait for me in any way..

It had been difficult to stay calm in the shower, where everything still smelled of the body wash he usually uses. Maybe you wouldn't think so, but he really loves those bunny-shaped sweets that are so famous right now, so he bought a bubble bath from that brand that smells like watermelon and cherry.
I find that aspect of him very cute, a word I wouldn't normally use to describe him.

There was something special about loving Nosaka, like being so close to something but never really being able to grasp it. I was always around him, yet there was something that never allowed me to get totally close to him.

The scene before... made me hope, hope that I could really be something more for Nosaka, but the fear of the consequences of his refusal stopped me.

Everything would have changed, my life, my friendships, and the peaceful situation that had been created would have been broken.

And then, he was forced by the situation to stay still, it doesn't necessarily mean anything...
Could I have told someone about my crush on him? To see if an outside person believes I have a chance?

In any case, I had to hurry, so I collected a few things in a black backpack with a key ring of a blue octopus, I comb my hair one last time in front of the mirror, I put my hat on, and leave the room.

...

I run towards the entrance, there would certainly have already been both Nishikage and Nosaka in the courtyard, but to my surprise, I see Nosaka arriving just before me, with Mikado following him.

Nishikage had his arms crossed and he looked a little bit pissed off
"Nosaka-san, Mikado-chan, where were you? We are late!"

Mikado starts apologizing as she moves her hands frantically "I'm so, so sorry! I almost forgot the cupcakes in the fridge! Nosaka helped me out and because of me we're both late!" She lowers her head in apology

Nosaka closes his eyes with a smirk "Yeah, let's just say I happened to notice that..."
He was holding a plate of plastic-wrapped cupcakes, Mikado on the other hand only held her purse, so he not only helped her to remember it, but also to bring them here.

I slow down as I watch the scene and a veil of sadness falls on my face.
The part of me that hoped Nosaka wouldn't leave and would wait for me returns, especially thinking that he wasn't there precisely because he was helping Mikado. A rush of jealousy runs through my body and I bite my lip, but I try not to let it show as I continue walking towards them.

My eyes move to Nosaka, he is dressed very similar to the ordinary. A black shirt, a necklace, a pair of slightly elegant dark jeans, and some sports shoes. The only extra detail was that he was wearing a black key-shaped earring. Nosaka always managed to be beautiful no matter what he did, while on the contrary I had forced myself so much to appear better. I feel my cheeks blushing as I nervously touch a lock of hair.

Mikado was wearing a beautiful coral pink dress, black stockings and a pair of décolleté. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with a red bow and her bangs had been straightened. They obviously looked like a perfect newlywed couple.

I felt ridiculous with every step I took but I knew I had to force a smile as they continued talking.

Nishikage put one hand on his head and one on his side, his expression was sympathetic but he was still stressed "I..I see. Thank you for the cupcakes, Mikado-chan. But next time please be more careful!"