"A long night"

Ichihoshi Hikaru's POV
----------------------------------

I could glimpse a very chaste and genuine expression from Nosaka, something you can't see on every normal day. All this made me smile heartily, everything inside me was melting like ice under the sun.

I suddenly turned around with Mikado's voice ringing out in the stalemate that had arisen.
Her very happy and heated expression already made it clear what she was about to say.

"We're practically there! Even the directions on the phone say so! I'm really excited, yes, even for the stupidest ones!" She laughed heartily, a spontaneity that, as far as I know, wasn't very common for Mikado in her early days as Raimon's manager.

This made me smile even more, I understood that the influence of all these people had been good for everyone, not just me.

When we finally arrived at the headquarters, I could already glimpse some of our teammates, like for example Kirina and Asuto, trying desperately to insert some balloons here and there for decoration, popping them promptly.

This eased my heart even more, although the fear was still intrinsic, even if distant. When this anguish was regaining control, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Ehi, Hikaru. We're here now." Nosaka smiled sweetly, he tried to reassure me through his gaze, without other words. He squeezed my shoulder even tighter, before changing the subject.

"Nishikage, should we park here?"
Nishikage nodded "I don't think there would be a problem, I actually don't think there are a lot people that still have to come, so this place is pretty much free. What do you think, Nosaka-san?"

Nosaka nodded as well, smiling slightly "I think you're right."
He also looked in the direction of Asuto and Kirina, who seemed to have finally finished their work. Until a balloon flew and in an attempt to catch it, Asuto fell over himself.
"Maybe I shouldn't worry too much here...some things never change"

At that sentence, all of us burst into laughter, even Nishikage. We parked and organized how to divide the things to bring.
As promised, Nishikage took care of carrying the cupcakes and Mikado's bag out of the car.

Mikado didn't expect him to actually do it, and was very surprised and countered "Y-you don't actually have to do it Nishikage-san!" With a more determined expression she said "I can do it on my own, I'm sure of it!"

Nishikage turned to her "I know how much you do for us, you're like a manager at Outei too. You don't have to do everything alone all the time, you know?"

As we got out of the car, Nosaka approached them "You're right Nishikage. Let us handle things at least sometimes"

Mikado turned to Nosaka too, slightly blushing "B-but-"
Nosaka smiled kindly, taking the purse from Nishikage's hands. "I still remember the conversation from before. I'll show you all a true gentleman"
Nishikage smiled at him, nodding "That's Nosaka-san."

Watching this scene from afar, I felt even smaller. Part of me was dying of jealousy, watching Nosaka hand out his warmest smiles to other people.
But on the other hand, I also felt like I had to help Mikado, but there was nothing left I could help her with. With these mixed feelings, I sighed and looked up at the sky.

The moon was still there, shining brightly, nestled among the other stars. At that moment I felt as if I were still under Nosaka's gaze, and this brought me comfort again.

When I lowered my gaze, looking straight at me, I saw that he was looking right in my direction, I blushed at this gesture.
Suddenly, I remembered my backpack, and panicked I looked around me, before looking at him again.

Nosaka was still looking at me, his eyes shining deeply like the moon upon us. A sly smile appeared on his face, winking at me and placing a finger on his lips, as if I had to keep a secret.