"You make me fly and fall"

Ichihoshi Hikaru's POV
------------------------

God.
...
I definitely fucked up.
My brain stops after his words, or rather, the world stops.
How am I going to explain this to him? The only choice would be to lie.
As Nosaka- or should I say Yuuma- was asking me this, he was getting closer and my desire to kiss him was growing more and more.

I could feel my heartbeats getting louder now. What was I going to say? That I love you, I love you with all of my heart. I feel like a victim of my own feelings while I don't know how to respond.

I look at him and I can feel my face burning "I-I.."
Geez, why do you have to always remember every detail Nosaka Yuuma? It can be useful but also lethal.

I feel the little finger of your hand lightly touch mine, and I feel your breath on my skin as you come even closer.

What is going on?My heart is literally on fire now and I feel like it might explode. And you are beautiful, even more beautiful than ever.

Why are you getting so close to me? You are making me hope and fly again as only you can do, and I abandon myself to your magic every time.

Your eyes on me, the sound of your voice, your pale skin, your deep eyes and your scent, I love everything about this moment and I'm in love with everything about you. You gave me back my sanity but you made me lose it just as much when it comes to you.

I have to say something, I have to say anything, I can't indulge in these feelings because I know it could very well be all in my head.
"I...you...."

Someone knocks the door.

"Nosaka? Is everything ok?"

it's her. the whole magic in the room goes out in an instant and just as you made me fly, now I have to fall.

Nosaka turns towards the door while I remain in exactly the same position as before, feeling my heart crumble in a second.

OBVIOUSLY, it had to be Mikado Anna. She is not even from our institute, yet she insists on accompanying us when she doesn't have to follow her own team.
It is so obvious that she only does it to stay close to her "beloved" Nosaka. But he plays dumb as if he doesn't understand. Or he's just afraid of not being reciprocated by her, and I'll have to watch them while they're happy? And if not, is he pretending not to understand my feelings too?

I finally look towards the door with a disappointed look as Nosaka stands up and walks towards the door to answer it.

"Ichihoshi-kun is feeling a little better now! Don't worry, we'll be out of the room in some minutes"

My heart breaks. He is not calling me by my name anymore, just because he is talking to her?

I decide to get up while a feeling of anger, sadness and disappointment all together lights up in my chest.
But I decide to pretend this isn't the case. "No no, it's okay, I'm DEFINITELY better now! No need to stay here more!" I say while moving my hands trying to smile as genuinely as possible "Regarding what you were asking me, I simply wanted to say how much I respect you as a teammate, that's all! I hope I have clarified any doubts for you"

Nosaka looks at me with a confused face and tries to get closer to me "Are you..sure about that Hikaru?"

Now he is calling me again by my name, I just.. don't understand, what's up with him? I look at him perplexed but I don't want to talk to anybody at the moment, so I smile again. "Yes of course! You can open the door Mikado-chan"

Mikado opens the door and approaches me "Ichihoshi-kun, everyone was worried about you! Are you sure you are okay?"

Mikado is not a bad person, in fact, she really cares about others. She sometimes has a somewhat complicated character, but overall, she is a good girl. Sometimes I helped her with Nosaka, telling her things about his character or what he likes. I even helped her cook something for him. I'm not sure why I do it, maybe because inside me I'm afraid that my feelings are so visible, and because I know that she really likes Nosaka.And probably because of the help I give her, she even respects me.

But despite all this, my eye is really trying not to have the tic. As much as I appreciate the person she is, I can't help but hate the love she has for Nosaka and the fact that he can reciprocate.

"More than sure!" I move my hands again in a calm down gesture. "I would say it's time to go and reassure the rest of the group and ask for forgiveness." I move towards the door without meeting Nosaka's gaze for even a moment. I know he didn't actually do anything bad, but every time Mikado Anna is involved all my insecurities come out.

"You can very well talk a little if you like!" I wink at mikado and she smiles at me, and just before officially leaving the room, I see Nosaka look me straight in the eyes in a look which I still can't define.