𝟑

ᴄɪᴛʏ﹕ ( ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ  )5﹕00ᴘᴍ

ᴄɪᴛʏ﹕ ( ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ )
5﹕00ᴘᴍ

ʟ's ᴘᴏᴠ

i remembers it like it was yesterday, 5th grade with y/n...

i was the new student that had come from another country, but was able to fit in with everyone.

i saw you, and you saw me.

i wanted to be your friend, but you never gave me the chance, and that was because of the friends i chose to be with. i acquainted himself with a group that were known bullies and often pulled cruel childish pranks on people, so i just watched you from a distance.

it wasn't until i became your p.e. partner that you realized i wasn't anything like them, but even then, you still kept an eye open.

then, on a random wednesday during lunch, my nervous self approached you, my cheeks the same color as cherries, eye contact looking every which way but at you, and my words struggling to get out.

i had a handwritten letter, which revealed my secret admiration for you.

as i watched you read the letter with a smile, it soon disappeared after you looked over my shoulders, spotting my friends pointing and snickering at you two. but i didn't see what they were doing; my attention was all on you, so when you pushed the letter back into my hand and walked away, i was confused. 

but you did this to prevent yourself from almost bursting into tears...

i didn't know that...

i only cared about how crushed i was because you rejected me. from that day forward, i embraced the friends and their reputation. i started acting just like them. i caused trouble and bullied kids relentlessly, and you were always my number one target.

this went on for as long as it could, until one day...

it was recess time.

recess was shared with both the fourth and fifth graders. some were playing on the playground, others were sitting in the garden conversing with their friends, and the remaining were playing soccer.

my friends and i were playing soccer. i kicked the ball, hitting you right in the face.

i immediately ran over to you apologizing profusely. the teacher there advised me to go with you to the nurse's office. so i did.

back inside the building, it was silent.

you were holding your face from the pain and stinging sensation, and i was right beside you.

"i'm sorry for kicking the soccer ball at you", i broke the silence.

you gave a painful half smile, "did you do it on purpose?"