𝟗

ᴄɪᴛʏ﹕ ( ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ )2﹕00ᴘᴍ

2﹕00ᴘᴍ

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

"i'm glad you put your attitude aside cause i dead would've went home."

l side eyes you, then rolls his eyes as he pushes the cart down the aisle. y'all decided to go to target after the froyo place to just stroll around and for l to buy some groceries before heading back to his place.

as y'all go through the aisles and he tosses things into the cart, to your left you see a young mother with her toddler child, and an idea pops in your head. "ryuzaki, wanna make a bet?"

he holts, side eyeing you again but agrees.

"you see that lady over there", you point to her direction, "if you can get her number, i'll do whatever you want."

he quirks his brow, "so like anything i want."

you nod.

his lips curves into a devious smile. "what if i want to—"

"i'll do it", you say, knowing damn well you're lying. but if it'll get him to go over there and possibly make a fool outta himself, you agree.

"i'm a foreigner with an accent, it's nearly impossible for ladies to turn me down. so are you really sure you want to make this bet with me?"

you bit your lips, contemplating it but you still went through with the bet. for all you two know she could be here with her husband who had gone to a different aisle or maybe she's an independent woman who wants to focus on her and her child, and not entertain whatever jokes a 19 year old is offering.

l gives you one more chance to back down but you don't, so he shrugs while making his way over to them. he plays it off cool as he approaches the duo. he picks up two items off the shelf, using that as a way to spark up conversation with her.

you watch from a distance and the reaction isn't what you expected it to be. you hope that a man would come around from the corner claiming to be her husband or someone significant to her, but nope. you also hoped she'd stroll away seeing a tatted man approaching her and her daughter, but again, they don't. and to make the situation worse, going in his favor, the kid's eyes glisten as she stares at l.

you knew then that you might've fucked up... but you still had hope. just because she didn't run away doesn't mean she'll give him his number...

and that's when it happens.

after their conversation goes one for another 2 minutes, with the lady giggling and blushing like a school girl, she reaches into her purse for her phone and gives him her number. when she isn't looking, l turns around, meets your eyes and winks. you shake your head in disbelief.