𝟖

ᴄɪᴛʏ﹕ ( ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ )2﹕00ᴘᴍ

2﹕00ᴘᴍ

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

you leave your room and head downstairs to the kitchen. you see your mom, stepdad, and baby brother all in the living room. you go over to where harrison is and pick him up. he drops his toys and instantly starts squirming in your arm to get out, so you put him down.

your mom is looking extremely uncomfortable and is mean-mugging you.

"mommy, why you look like that?", you politely ask her.

your mom sighs. "because it's been 3 days and your sister doesn't want to come out."

you lightly chuckle. "have you tried eating—"

"spicy food? yes. ralph and i even—"

"la-la-la", you say putting your fingers in your ear. "i don't want to hear allat."

your parents laugh, then she finishes, saying, "well we did, and she's just relaxing like this is here home. she needs to come out now. i'm tired, can't walk anymore, my back hurts—it's just too much."

"who told u to go get pregnant?" you jokingly say.

"heh, fa wo nkwaseasɛm kɔ baabi."

(fa wo nkwaseasɛm kɔ baabi = take your foolishness somewhere)

you smile brightly at her, forgetting that she's still unaware of your smiley. by the time you close your mouth, she already saw. to avoid being question, you quickly go to the kitchen... and again, you didn't cover up your back piercings.

"maabena, bra ha", she says, calmly.

(bra ha = come here)

still in the kitchen, you find something to do to stall time. you know she won't chase after you, not after voicing her discomfort. you take your sweet, sweet time making a turkey sandwich but that only makes your mom lose her patience.

"mese bra ha!" she increases her volume, startling her husband and son.

(mese bra ha = i said come here)

omgggg, you mentally craft a lie in your head. you go back out there, standing right in front of them as you eat your sandwich.

"bue w'ano." you did as instructed. "na dane wo ho." again, you did as instructed. when you turn back around to face her, you can see the rage in her eyes. your stepdad setting next to her doesn't even say a peep or move. he turned into a statue. you're even unsure if he's breathing.