Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter twenty-two
Confessions

Chapter twenty-twoConfessions

-"I love you...."

××××××

"WE DID IT." LUTHER HUFFED OUT A RELIVED breath from the fight with the older looking Five. 

Five however stared in disbelief. "The briefcase, you idiot." Five breathes out. He failed. How could he have let this opportunity go. It was practically handed to him and he failed.
He walked towards Dolores.

"What?" Luther half asked. Staring at the sparking blue briefcase chopped in half.

Five began to pace. Wracking his brain for a new solution.

Number one however grew annoyed. In his eyes he had risked his life for his brother and now said brother was insulting him.
"Hey you know what? A thank you for preserving your existence would be nice." He snapped.

"A thank you?" Five mocked in disbelief.  Luther was responsible for ruining their chances at getting home and he wanted a thank you.

"And here they come, the presidents car is moving out...." The man on the radio exclaimed as the crowd on the other side of the fence cheered.

Dolores peeked over the fence a slight bit excited to see the president. She was still from that time and appreciated the mans government work.

"Luther, Luther here he comes!" The teenage boy hollers before rushing to the fence next to Dolores. Luther following suit as curiosity got the better of him.

The three now looked over the fence.
"Look there's dad." Luther points at a man holding an umbrella. He was watching the road.  "What do we do?" He asked.

The white haired girl squinted her eyes. Something seemed off.
"Uh oh." Five mutters.

"Yeah." Luther responds quietly.

"He's awful still." Dolores mutters to herself more so than anyone else. Her eyes squinting harder as she leaned over the fence to get a closer look.

Five averted Luthers attention to the side groaning slightly. "Oh shit." Luther breathed.

The three of them watched in shock as the crumb that is Hargreaves number two came sprinting.

"Diego." Five said through gritted teeth.

"No!" Dolores yelled boosting herself up with the help of the fence. She knew something was off about that man standing under the umbrella but that didn't matter. If it was her father she didn't want him to be hurt.

Five grabbed her by the waist, holding her in his firm grip. If she ran out there Diego would hurt her. Accidentally but he would.

"Let go!" She cried trying to get to her father. Thrashing in his arms viciously. "Please!"