Chapter 8

-Gabriel-

Gabriel hears Aria settle in the living room, looking through the shelf he and Matteo made for her. He takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh. Rubbing his eyes as he sets off to go to Alessandro's office, feeling frustrated with how everything ended up being.

With everyone grown up now and practically adults he hasn't really had to do the parental type of things. His siblings aren't the affectionate type either, the only one who does hug from time to time is Leonardo. He'd forgotten how gentle they'd be when Aria was a baby. The same type of gentleness is required now.

It was common for Zeno to bring his friends over. Luca and Aldo have been with him since they were in first grade. They even know about the business his family is in.

He's argued with them about drinking before yet them being careless enough to do it when Aria's home angered him. He didn't want her to be in an environment where she didn't feel safe. Yet when Zeno interrupted him, that brought him over the edge. Zeno needed to know not to speak with him that way. He knows better than to make him mad.

He made it to the office and walked in. Alessandro was sitting in his chair focused on the computer. He looks up with a blank face and raises a brow, "What happened?"

Gabriel clenches his jaw and says, "Aria isn't really speaking much, I think I may have scared her a bit."

He doesn't tell Alessandro about the Zeno incident, he will definitely put the three of them in house arrest for a month. For now, them being grounded will do.

"She's so kind and caring, I don't want that side of her to go away. You know when we all went upstairs, she stayed behind to clean up the mess? I've only been with her for a day and she'll do anything to make the people around her happy. We just need to learn how to be gentle with her."

Alessandro leans back in his chair and listens intently, not missing out on a thing.

"Nothing will happen to her, I'll make sure of it," He spoke out deeply.

"Hmm," Gabriel nods, sitting in an empty chair. "About the deal, when are we meeting up with the investors?"

"Next week on Monday. You will accompany me to Base 2, Dr. Tres is out of the country and you are to patch up the men that come in after today's mission."

Gabriel rolled his eyes and went to get his laptop from his room. As he walked out the office and down the hall, he bumped into Aria. Taking a step back and holding onto her arm he chuckled, "watch out munchkin," hoping she would reply. 

She smiled but swiftly lowered her head, clearing her throat. After a couple of seconds, she looked back up. Gabriel stood still, wanting to hear what she had to say. "I-I'm going to be outside f-for a bit, I might read a b-book from the shelf I saw in the living room. I j-just wanted to let you know." She said in an adorable voice.

"Thank you for telling me, sweetheart," He smiled as she walked away.

He felt good knowing she hadn't completely shut him out. Slowly but surely he's going to win her over.

Walking back into the office he saw Matteo seated.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked gruffly.

"Nothing, ready to go Sandro?" Gabriel asks. Picking up his coat and heading to the door.

Alessandro picks up some paperwork, placing his gun from earlier behind him.

"Where is Aria now?" Alessandro asks. Matteo gets up from his chair and looks at Alessandro confused, "It's still early, she should be sleeping."

"She's awake, probably because of jet lag. She went outside to read Sandro. That reminds me, Mat take care of her. She still has to get some clothes so maybe go with Leo and buy her some. It might take me and Sandro some time so don't wait up for us." Gabriel spoke as he opened the door.

He rushes downstairs to meet Aria before he left for work. He opens the backyard door and walks out, squinting at the radiant light. Aria is sitting on a swing, looking intensely at the book she's reading. Must be a pretty good book.

Gabriel laughs at his sister's expression and watches her adoringly. He pulls out his phone and takes a photo before walking over with much harder steps, hoping to not startle his sorellina, but enough for her to know someone's approaching.

Aria looks up and tilts her head, how adorable. He walks up and kneels in front of her.

"Me and Sandro are going to be at work for a while, however, Matteo and Leo will be home so if you need anything just ask. Oh and Zeno with his friends. You can also get them to call me if you miss me," he winks as he says the last part, causing Aria to let out a light laugh.

That made all his worries from earlier go away.

"I have to get going munchkin,"

Looking down before clearing his throat, "is it okay if I hug you?"

Aria has a look of sadness before quickly resolving to a smile. She nods and leans forward, placing her arms around him. Gabriel did the same, gently hugging her. After 10 seconds they move back. Gabriel couldn't help but smile wide, he ruffles her hair before heading inside.

When he opened the door he saw Zeno and his friends peeking through.

"I'm going with Sandro and we might come home late, keep out of trouble."

Gabriel heads to the garage and pulls out his keys, putting them back when he sees Alessandro already in his Ferrari. He closed the door and sits back, buckling his seat belt.

"Send me the photo," Alessandro says driving straight out the gates.

Gabriel not surprised about him knowing, forwards it to him.