Chapter 8

Chaeyoung pov

"Bonus abilities?" I curiously said. "Yes, each of you have one power which only you and your bloodline can possess." "What powers do we have?" Nagyung asked. "Well, you shall find out from your instructors." Choi replied. "We can't necessarily teach you as we don't know of it, but there are books and ancient scrolls hidden in the school library. the councils and lords passed them to us as they didn't need them. We've decided to give you a few days off classes as these powers take time to learn and master." Mr Noh spoke 

"Wouldn't it be better to know each other's magic though? Our rule is to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. I'm pretty sure hearing someone's mystery power won't end the world." Jiheon said. "And you haven't technically answered my question about Jiwon." 

The teachers sighed then nodded. "You have a point. But I'm warning you some of your powers are extremely dangerous." Choi said. "Jiheon, you can turn anyone into anything, basically control every atom that exists on Earth, Saerom, you can change the particles of any gas, Seoyeon, you can summon gasoline or any oil that triggers a fire, Hayoung you can summon any water source from anywhere no matter the distance, Nagyung, you can communicate with angels, Jisun, you have dream control, Chaeyoung you can heal people, even the dead, and Jiwon..." She hesitated with an uneasy look. 

"Go on, what's her power that makes her so special?" I said with a bit of attitude. What was so special about her? Ever since she came here, she's taken everyone's attention from me to her. Even the Headmistress likes her! 

"Jiwon, you have the power to steal magic energy and use it."

Jiwon pov

Silence swallowed the room with that sentence. The sun was fully up now but the room had a chill feeling within it. "Wait, so Jiwon can take away our powers from us?" Jiheon questioned. "Only energy. She can't take your magic. You're born with it so you can't lose them in any way." Why of all things did I have to have that one?  Now everyone will be scared of me again. "Is it any power source or just specific ones?" Saerom asked "She can only have fairy magic." Madam Lee replied. 

"Why?!" Chaeyoung screamed. "She shouldn't be here! She'll be seen as danger, and no one will ever want to cross paths with her! What if she steals our energy?! She can battle the dark fairy by herself if she's so 'special'." Before she stormed out of the room, Choi froze her in place. "We won't deal with your pettiness dear, you will listen as this involves you as well." She said coldly making Chaeyoung gulp. 

"This is why we're teaching you girls this. To avoid misuse of your ability. You will practise these abilities in closed areas or just open and abandoned places with us supervising. Hayoung's powers are able to stay in open areas. Nagyung and Chaeyoung aren't too dangerous so they can practise anywhere. Saerom, Jiheon and Seoyeon will need to switch up at times and Jisun and Jiwon, you will come to the mythic jailhouse." Choi noted. "You're dismissed." She unfroze Chaeyoung and headed to the door. 

"Wait for a moment, we need to hand you the books and scrolls. You're dismissed off every class this week. Your instructors will stay with you all." "Um, Madam?" Jisun asked. "Yes, my dear?" Choi replied. "Why do me and Jiwon have to go to the mythic jailhouse?" "Your powers involve living beings." She said calmly. "And you're going to test your abilities on the biggest criminals of magic." 

She left the room cold and tense. Chaeyoung didn't look pleased and just looked more pissed than before when she met my eyes. "Everything was perfect until you came here!" Chaeyoung stormed into the room slamming the door. "Don't mind her, Jiwon." Hayoung said. I didn't want to have bad blood with anyone, I just wanted to feel welcomed and loved. "It's Chaeyoung's choice to not like you, but we want you to feel happy and included!" Nagyung hugged me. "At least we're together! And I heard you can read minds? It would be so helpful with studying dreams!" Jisun squeezed my hand as I giggled. Suddenly, a knock came to our door. "I'll answer it!" I said, walking towards the door.

"Seojoon?" I was surprised to see him here. "What are you doing here?" He rose a brow. "Jiwon? I didn't know you share the same room as Chae." He said. "Oh, you're here for Chaeyoung?" I asked nervously. "Yeah, of course." "Are you two dating?" "Oh no! We're not." He laughed.

"We're step-siblings!"

To be continued...