Chapter 17

Saerom pov

Damn, that was such a good idea. If only we wouldn't become maniacs like fairies from the 15th century...

600 years ago

Princess Sae-ron's diary

2 November 1420

It took days for father to finally become sane. Mother has been worried sick and constantly keeping an eye on him from afar. She claims he wasn't her husband, crying while she saw him locked in a windowless room, electrocuted and helpless. The kingdom has been under great pressure and the economy slowly yet drastically degrading. I have no choice but to pray for father's health and sanity to heal and return as soon as possible...

21 March 1421

He survived, but barely. As he returned, he still looked a bit dazed and we were told he would fully recover in 5 months time. The curriculums have changed now, with the training less harsh than usual and instructors having a bit more mercy upon us students. Headmistress Han never hit us again, especially me and my brother. She looked rather guilty after everything that had happened.

Before, when I was commanded to go to school despite my condition, the headmistress punished me for being late. Even if it was supposed to hurt, it didn't. I only let out a few silent tears which seemed to trigger her. She screamed at me, saying such vile things about me. I finally snapped after that, electrocuting her out of anger. I screamed back, telling her everything that happened, why I seemed so off and how wrong she was beating a literal princess who could easily banish or eliminate her so easily. It was her problem that she hated me. After that, I stopped going to school for a while.

I came back after the news of father recovering, and heard the Headmistress was stepping down. When I saw her after all this time, I just pretended she didn't exist. In her eyes, I saw a hint of guilt and pain, reflecting a silent apology and thank you. I'm just glad my dad's back, but now everything's changed because of it...

Present day

Saerom pov

I could tell everyone was thinking about Great great great great great great grandmother Saeron's journal. The awkward silence was cut off by Heeseung. "Well, we need some source of recharge. Mountainous areas are just enough due to us being a bit closer to the clouds."

Chaeyoung pov

Battle strategy was just not my thing. At least I had a general's child with me. Rona, a practising warrior who carried nothing but ambition and violence. People claim she's prettier and hotter than me (yeah right!). 

"We aren't the ideal kind for battle, but I believe in us." She said confidently. "And with Princess Chaeyoung's guidance, we'll be unstoppable!" I tried holding in my smile at how wrong she was. I mean, come on. Me? In battle? I've never touched a knife before!

"We must go for the hottest areas on Earth!" Rona exclaimed. "It would give us the opportunity to strike the evil forces better with the power of the Sun's burning heat and radiant shine." I nodded, just going along with whatever she said. God, I had  never felt any more useless. We're doomed for sure.

A day later

Jiheon pov

Madam Choi was pacing around in her office, mumbling nonsense. I was called in for any reports of Cattiva reaching any other territory. Shar had already gone in lockdown, sealing themselves away completely until Cattiva has fully escaped the Cosmic prison and left them alone. The reason why Shar seemed to be pre-attacked was because the Cosmic prison seemed to be just above them (4 billion kilometres above).

"All forces are ready for Friday, correct?" Madam said, still pacing around. I nodded, "Yes, ma'am." I could sense her anxiety and stress about the whole thing. She sat down, resting her face in her palm, clearly frustrated about the whole thing. It's Wednesday today, and she really couldn't catch a break. The release was happening in two days and we were just training non-stop. We were barely getting any sleep by far. At some point, we were promised to get a whole day off tomorrow due to our good work, but we all know that's probably not true.

Suddenly, Madam Choi snapped her head up. "Jiheon, I have an idea." She firmly spoke. I looked up at her with curiousity. "Call Jisun, Nagyung, Seoyeon and Jiwon. We're going to visit an old friend of yours." I grew confused at her words. "What?"

"Jang Gyuri. We're going to meet Jang Gyuri."

To be continued...