Chapter 15

Nagyung pov

Me and Chaeyoung were heading into a large forest (not the one near the school) which was more colourful and aesthetically pleasing. "Nagyung, I think I might need to practise my magic on injured animals..." Chaeyoung said. "And I'm probably just gonna perform some ritual..." She laughed at my comment before we were told we arrived. "Chaeyoung, as you know. You have the element of healing or if they call it Vitakinesis (or whatever) which I assume works on every being." Chaeyoung nodded at Professor Seok and left. "As for you, you will require specific ingredients and learn how to draw the mindloop summon circle."

Finding all the required ingredients weren't hard but weren't easy at the same time, my main problem was drawing and shaping the specific design of the circle (I hate art). Headmistress Choi gave me ritual powder or something that most witches and light and dark fairies use for casting spells and rituals. "Ugh, this will take forever..." I whined. This was literally dreamcatcher art because why the fuck was it so complex and mysterious-looking?

After 2 hours, I finally finished it with a couple of flying spells to check if it was one hundred percent accurate to the drawing I was given. I sat in the center, cross-legged with my fingers curled for my index to touch my thumb, my hands placed on each knee. "You finally got it?" Chaeyoung chuckled, leaning against a rock. "After 2 hours, yes." I rolled my eyes, sighing dramatically. "How did you go?" She shrugged. "No progress. Mind if I join you?" "I don't mind." I smiled. I was afraid of the spell possibly causing harm upon my surroundings, but I'm forced to learn this as this is a 'serious assignment'.

"Ni eht eman fo eht daed, nommus eht doog, hsirep eht live..." I recited while closing my eyes. I felt myself slightly lifting off the ground with the feeling of light and visions pushing their overwhelming mental pressure on me. My mind showed the most horrific and gory images of humans and their deaths. My breathing grew fast as I opened my eyes, the images still shown as if they were right in front of me. "Show yourself!" I screamed. I didn't know if it was a hallucination or an actual being crawling their fingers on my shoulder, whispering words that normally would have no impact, cause me to moan and cry in pain. Each word felt like a stab in the back, yet it didn't make sense.

"Ask nicely, girl." It was a woman, for sure and it spoke with discipline. "Who are you?" I was panting by now. "Name's Graciella. Call me Gracie or Grace like you modern people say." She had a thick American accent with attitude as if she was Nicki Minaj or something. "I was summoned?" I still couldn't see her. Remind you, I still was seeing those disturbing images. "I believe so. Why can't I see you?" "Secret." She replied. "Now, why'd you call?" "Umm...do you know anything about Cattiva?" I asked. "Who?" "Cattiva, the dark fairy?" "Oh, that. IT'S honestly one of the worst creations ever known to man. Why is it still alive??" I tried holding in my laughter from hearing her address Cattiva as an 'it'. "To answer your question, yes I do know stuff about the Dark fairy. Whatcha wanna know?" I hesitated to answer. Of course I would, what would you ask about some crazy manic fairy who's about to destroy the entire world?

"How powerful is the dark fairy?" I could sense the hesitation to answer. "More powerful than you could imagine." That made me more curious to know. "She has an army, built by herself. It consists of corrupted humans, infected by something like a poison she created." I gasped hearing that. An army? Consisting of corrupted humans? "What- what happened to them?" I was desperate to know what they were and where they were. "They disappeared when she was jailed, but since she's back, they're slowly coming back to help her. And one thing's for sure, she wants more." I gasped hearing that, realising that not only were we supposed to defeat her and protect the earth from her, we had to protect the humans.

"Graciella, you said this only happens to humans, meaning fairies, witches and other magical and non-magical creatures aren't affected?" "Fortunately, no. Meaning all the magical beings need to be called from around the world to protect humans from this curse." "Is there a way to break the curse?" "That, us angels aren't sure of. Even if we've kept a close eye on her, she managed to keep it hidden very well. She herself might've forgotten. But we know, if she's gone for good, the cursed humans will either be cured...

or perished for good."

To be continued...