seven

"I missed you." Scott interrupted, with a warm smile and a delicate tilt of his head. It took a moment for Michela's hearty laughter to knock her to the floor.

"Oh, you have?" Michela cocks her eyebrow, still doubling over with a cackle.

"Yes. No matter what troubles or tribulations we've had in the past, you're still my brother, my Aimee." Scott nodded at his sibling, maintaining perfect composure.

"I've told you, it's Aimsey now." They replied, rolling their eyes. They couldn't help but wonder, though. Did Scott finally mean it this time? Like he said, they were family - at least through their burning blue blood. Having a real, caring brother was always a withdrawn dream of theirs.

"I apologise," The taller nodded, respectfully, "Aimsey."

Everyone knows what happened next. Michela went home. Scott got a tour of Area Unknown. He met Guqqie.

He met... her. The lady inside, the lady from the stars. She was filled with more hate than he, and had a lust for revenge he found alluring. The small creature she inhabited could not know of their silent handshakes, their hidden contacts. But deals were made, fingers pricked and blood shared. An undeniable agreement had been made, and both lives were on the line.

Scott spent much time with Guqqie, unbeknownst to Aimsey. He would never allow this interaction - his protection of the alien made her ever more appealing.

"And this is- oh, we can just skip this one." Aimsey rushed, eyes wide. "Quite boring, really."

"I don't mind being bored. Who's home is this?" Scott asked - demanded, eyeing the sculk-covered star with interest.

"Oh, no one really. Just a, um... friend... of mine... no, eh, I don't know them too well, it's really nothing- oh look, a house that's a PINEAPPLE? That's so crazy, right? Let's go look at that!!"

Despite her pleas, Scott turned the doorknob and entered the spacecraft.

"Oh, no, no, no. Please don't be home, Guq." Aimsey cried.

A/N: guys im honestly gonna try and speedrun finishing this now... chapters are gonna be short and maybe not my best work but I just wanna be done atp