nine

"Thank you again for the lovely date."

"I still think it's weird that you walked me home, you know." Aimsey scoffed, secretly very pleased that the date went so well. It was like Scott never existed when Guqqie was around.

"I'm being chivalrous! It's very human of me." Guqqie announced proudly.

Human. That word again.

Aimsey had never stopped thinking about Guqqie's passive concept of alternate realities, and was enthralled with the potential of a version of them existing as a human. A life worth living - one with thrill, excitement, danger and risk. Falling down onto the ground and getting a bruise. Love that lasts. Cutting hair. Ageing. Looking normal.

Feeling, normal.

"You're doing great, sweetheart. Thank you for walking me home."

"You're very welcome. Have a good evening, my love." The duo exchanged a shy kiss, and Aimsey closed her door.

Walking home, Guqqie found a single pink tulip growing out of the ground, all alone. Looking around, she found more of them, leading in a path towards Bikini Bottom. She followed the trail to find Sandy's tree dome filled with pink tulips. Not a single blade of grass could be seen beneath the sea of pinks. They entered the dome, strolling through the sweet-smelling field. 'I didn't see this before, did Aimsey set this up?' They thought. 'Normally we go for orange ones... maybe pink to match my hair! They were wearing one earlier. This is very sweet. I'll tell them thank you tomorrow morning.'

Guqqie turned from the building after picking one of the blossoms as a keepsake, heading to her house for good now. She hummed. Even had a small skip to her step. But her eyes were turning purple, and little time was left. She didn't worry. There were stars in the sky, and she imagined she could see home. 

A/N: only one chapter left guys 😔😔😔😔😔 gonna miss u cuties