3-Together Tonight

It's been a while since Basil and Kel last interacted. Basil had been in a deep depression, thinking about what all he's done in the past. Kel has been busy with his family and all too. Hero and Sally had gotten sick due to something going around, but luckily Kel didn't. Kel's been locked in his room so he can't catch the sickness from anyone else in the family. Hero has to sleep on the couch now too.

He's relied on his phone to keep in touch with everyone, even Hero. Since he can't go out of his room to talk to him, calling in texting is the way it went.

But through this all, he texted Basil every day to make sure he was ok. He didn't want Basil the hurt himself or hurt somebody near him.

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕! 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚞𝚙! :𝙳

It always took Basil a minute to get his phone and read Kel's messages, so Kel waited.

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝙷𝚒

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚍? 🤕

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙾𝚑

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝟸𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎? 🤠🤠

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖?

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏.

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝙾𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚒𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎?

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙽𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚕 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚒 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜.

Basil cared for his plants more than he cared for himself. Kel and Hero always tried to change that mindset in him, but it never worked.

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙾𝚔! 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚐𝚞𝚍! 𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔 @ 𝚊𝚋𝚝, 𝟽𝚙𝚖? 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍?

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝟽

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙰𝚠𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗! 🤪🧡

𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕: 𝚃𝚝𝚢𝚕 💚

They had a tradition of when they were getting off of their phone or stop texting the other, they'd send hearts to each other in their favorite color. Everyone had their designated color. Hero had blue, Aubrey had pink, Sunny had black, and when Mari was alive; she had purple. Red was reserved for love. Kel wants to send Basil a red heart one day.

Kel checked the time. 4:36 pm. He sighed and layed back down onto his bed. He turned to his right side, then his left. He kept tossing and turning. He wasn't tired so he wasn't trying to sleep, he was just anxious.

Not seeing Basil for month had affected him. He's missed him so much, even though they call and text everyday.

"Just 3 more hours..." Kel whispers to himself. He hasn't showered in  few days, so he texted his mom.

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚖, 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛?

𝙺𝚎𝚕'𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚖: 𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢'𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 😊

𝙺𝚎𝚕: 𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚖!

Kel smiled and got out of his bed. He turned his radio off and walked to his door. He opened it gently and closed it gently too. He zipped over to the bathroom.

He had his phone with him so he set it down on the sink counter. Plus he liked sending photos of himself with a shampoo mohawk to Basil.

He turned the water on and put it at just warm. He calls it 'the athlete shower', because whenever he'd get home from a basketball game, he'd take cold or slightly warm showers because it felt better on his sweaty, heated skin.

He began to take his clothes off as the water got to the temperature he set it as. He thought about what he'd do with Basil that night. And only time could tell..