6-My Confession

The two boys reached the park, Kel's arm still around Basil so Basil could feel safer. "You can go sit on the bench over there if you'd like while I shoot some hoops, ok Basil?" Kel says, putting his arm down and to his side.

"C-Can you wait a minute before you play..? I need to get used to the atmosphere of the dark park..." Basil says, grabbing Kel's hand again and re-wrapping his arm around him.

"Oh, yeah ok, sure! Let's go sit down." Kel says, patting Basil on the back.

They both sit down on a bench, a good distance to each other. They sit there for a minute or two when Kel sees Basil shivering out of the corner of his eye.

"Basil, you ok? You're shivering!" Kel says with worry. "Y-Yeah I'm ok...just a little c-cold..." Basil says with a shaky tone. "Oh..well here!" Kel smiles and takes his hoodie off. He hands the hoodie to Basil and Basil takes it.

"Thanks...you're so nice..!" Basil smiles back at Kel with a blush. He puts the hoodie on and adjusts it. "It's huge on me..! I'm not surprised, though..you're bigger than me.." Basil smiles and looks at Kel. "Yeah, but at least it'll keep you warm!" Kel announces and puts his arm around Basil again.

Basil scoots closer to Kel and they both blush. Basil lays his head on Kel, closing his eyes.

So many things were running through Kel's head. He was in heaven.

He took a minute, and after thinking, he knew it was now or never.

"Hey Basil.."

"Yeah?"

Kel sighs, here goes nothing.

"I uhm..think I..l-like you..like, like-like you...you know..? I think you're cute..and stuff.." Kel says quietly.

Silence.

"I think I like you too, Kel..."