𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣

LANA

LANA

As the weeks passed, it was slowly getting easier for Lana to go to school. In fact, she was surprised she enjoyed attending classes and doing homework. And the best part of it all was that she was academically skilled in most of her classes, besides Math.

She felt that math was useless, but that's besides the point.

Lana and Percy were in their English Class, her favorite subject, and were in a big discussion.

The black haired-girl was sitting behind her friend, aimlessly drawing strawberries in the corner of her notebook. As much as she enjoyed the class itself, she didn't like how much her teacher talked in the two hours she had with him.

Percy was snoozing on his desk in front of her, his head resting on his right hand with his eyes screwed shut. She bet drool was dripping out of his mouth and forming a small puddle on his desk. The image that formed in her mind made her smile to herself.

"Can anyone tell me why we do it this way?" The teacher questioned the entire class, his hands spread open wide.

Lana looked around, as if to be lost in thought, when she saw the teacher's eyes fall onto Percy. She picked up her notebook and lightly smacked the back of his head. The Son of Poseidon awoke with a jolt and looked around the room with a confused expression on his face.

"Mr. Jackson?" Their English teacher called again.

"Yes?" He replied, shaking his head to wake himself up.

"Do you know the answer to my question?"

Percy awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "The answer is...yes?"

A light chuckle rang through the room causing Percy to slouch in his chair, embarrassed. The teacher shook his head in disappointment and turned towards the board again to continue with the lesson.

"Nice going, Jackson," said a boy seated beside Lana. His name was James Maverick.

During the past few weeks, Lana had grown acquainted with him. He was one of Percy's new friends that he would occasionally hang out with throughout the school day and someone she would bump into here and there.

The one thing that caused her to greatly dislike him was his constant flirting. At first, she thought he was just messing around with her, but she later realized that he genuinely liked her. Or at least that's what Evelyn has told her based on the interactions she held with him.

Multiple times, James has given her flowers and her favorite snacks with a grin that spreaded from ear to ear. She would obviously accept each gift, but would never dare lead him on. With her past experiences with boys, she wanted to stay as far away from a relationship as possible.

"Hi, gorgeous." He winked at her. That was the nickname he had chosen to call her since the first day he met her.

"James." She mumbled back, turning to look back down at her notebook.