Alpha

A/N

Only 4 more chapter to go until the finale. I will try to update more often, but no promises. Please comment, I want to know what you think of this chapter. Enjoy :D

************

PLEASE PLAY SONG ABOVE^^^

It took me two hours, but here I am standing outside of 1278 Clarkson Street, in front of the biggest mansion I have ever seen next to our old home. In fact, it reminded me of my old home. It was so long ago, but I still remember it sometimes.

Staring up at the house, I hesitated before knocking on the door. There was no telling what was on the other side. Again I was finding myself treading on unfamiliar territory. How will these people even perceive me, a complete stranger who is now going to be in charge of them?

Other than feeling more than nervous, I was still angry. How could he do this to me? Even after a decade of him being in the shadow, he still controls me.

"Hey, if you're trying to get in, you have to turn the knob, not stare at it," a red-headed woman, no older than forty, stated.

Turning to face her, I said, "I know. I'm just bracing myself a bit," I swallowed, suddenly my throat was feeling dry.

"Bracing yourself?" the woman looked at me bemused. "Why are you brac—wait, are you Wren?" the woman asked smiling.

"Um, yeah," I held her hand out to her and she happily shook it.

"I'm Kim, its pleasure to finally meet you. Harrison won't shut up about you. Come on, I'll take you to him."

Okay, so far so good.

As we entered the house I was immediately blasted with bright light. They must pay a fortune for electricity. Any ways, back on topic. The place looked pretty decked out, like they spare no expenses. How did they even acquire this much money?

Kim led me through a few door until we stood face one open door. We peaked in side before Kim said, "Harrison, Wren is here."

He looked up from his desk, "come on in Wren. We have a lot to do today," he glance at me for a moment before he began rummaging through his desk drawer.

I entered the room. It was a lot smaller than I would have imagine. For a house so large, I would assume he would have an office worthy of the fucking president. But no, I'm looking at an old chipped desk, a large dusty carpet that barely covered the entire floor, and a few lopsided chairs.

"Okay, I'm here," I said as I took a seat in one of the "lopsided seat", almost falling in the process. "W-what do you want me to do?"

"Well," he lifted his head, "first thing first is that you need to meet everyone. They need to know who their alpha. Then we can start you on the training, then after that I'll get you situated with a room and we can go over some of the things need to run the house daily."

"Wait, room?"

"Yes," he replied. "Is that a problem? Or would you prefer sleep outside with the squirrels?"

I frowned at his smart comment, "no one said I was staying here. I told you I'd become the Alpha. That's it."

"How in the hell do you expect to be the Alpha when you do not even live amongst your people. Dammit Wren. Sometimes I think you like to live up to the 'dumb blonde' standard. You need to use your head more often."

I would be shocked if I didn't know his personality. He was never the most compassionate man. Come to think of it, I don't even remember him ever saying I love you. Thinking back, I use to think he was the all-powerful Alpha and needed to keep a certain aura about himself, but now I just think he only gave a damn about himself.