Unwanted advances

PLAY SONG ON THE RIGHT>>>>>

My last class was over in a breeze, no sign of Rider, “phew.”

Science was my favorite subject. So When Mr. Jones told us we were going to be doing a lab in Chemistry today, I was ecstatic. I’ve always wonder how we—we, as in, werewolves—came to be. From what I can tell, we’ve always been here. I asked Aunt Mae once, but she knew as much as I did.

As I heard the last bell ring, I gathered my things then left. As I was walking towards the front door, I ran into Rider. He didn’t talk. He just started walking with me. I was tempted to tell him to leave me the hell alone. I had no time for him or anyone else.

“Well that’s me,” I pointed to Aunt Mae’s car. She was sitting in the car with her head tilted back., a sign of her sleeping.

“Okay, well I’ll see you later,” Rider began walking away, but stopped and turned around. I didn’t see it coming. This has never happened to me. His lips met mine so swiftly that I almost thought it was an illusion. I pushed him backwards then slapped him. His face was turning red. I couldn’t tell if it was anger or because I slapped him and it left a mark.

“What the hell is your problem?!” he shouted.

“Sorry, I just wasn’t expecting that. I barely even know you. Do you usually just kiss strangers?” I said. I ran my hands through my hair and paced a bit. I looked at him then I stopped, “look, I’m sorry.”

“Whatever, it’ll never happen again,” he rubbed his face then walked off.

“What was that?” Aunt Mae stuck her head out the window.

“Nothing,” I said while getting in, “let’s just go.”

“First day already out of a relationship,” she teased. "You're a regular heartbreaker."

“It’s not like that. He just kissed me for no reason. He’s weird,” I said crossing my arms.

“Wren, learn how to spot when a boy likes you.”

“So forcibly kissing someone is okay if you know that he’s interested in you? It's my first friggin day.” I shook my head in disappointment. “I wish he could take a hint.”

The car ride home was dead. Nothing but the car made noise. I just wanted to go home and leave this horrible day behind me. I don’t know if I can return tomorrow. No one in their right mind would if they were me. I wish it was like when mom and dad were still alive. I felt safe with them. I can’t tell Aunt Mae that; I fear every day that the rogue are going to finally catch me and she’s going to be the only one left out of my family, or worst, I am.

“Aunt Mae?”

“Yeah baby.”

“Do you know of another species beside werewolves, humans,and regular animals? 

“I’ve heard of Baters. Why do you ask?”

“Baters?Today I sat a lunch with these people who didn’t smell like anything I’ve ever smelled before. I don’t know what they are. I was freaking out today because I thought they may be rogues.””

“Yeah, they're like a combination of werewolves and some sort of bird creatures. There aren’t many of them, but they are some vicious creatures. Your dad and I came across one when we were younger. She was so beautiful but when we tried to get closer, she almost bit your dad's hand off,” she said. “We thought she was scared but then she started attacking us even after we started walking away.”

“So that horrible scar on dad’s hand was from her?”

“I’m afraid so.”