Chapter 15: Happy Birthday Jade

Today was Jade's birthday, and I wanted it to be extra special, since it was her twenty-first. I was thinking about throwing her a surprise party, and inviting all of our friends. I've already invited them, along with Niall and his new girlfriend. He apologized to me, so we're all good now. I decided to send her a text, asking her to come over.
Happy birthday Jade, can you come over in an hour? I've got something for you :)
Sure, I'll come over! I'll see ya in an hour I guess xxx
"Alright, listen up everyone! Jade should be here in an hour." I said. I'm really excited about this, and I hope she likes the present I got her. Kyle and Audrey were here too, and they were standing side-by-side. I told everyone to dress nice, and there were lots of suits and dresses.
I looked out the window, and I saw Jade coming up the path. "Everybody hide!" I said. We all hid behind tables or chairs, and the lights were turned off. I heard the door open, and someone flipped the light switch. "SURPRISE!!!!!" everyone yelled, as we jumped out of our hiding places. "Oh my gosh, you guys! This is so great, thank you!" she said. She walked over to me, and gave me a big bear hug. "Did you do this all by yourself?" she asked. "Well... I had a little help." I looked down at her. "Thank you, love." she stood up on her tiptoes, and kissed me. "You're welcome." I said. "Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's party!" my friend Harry said, and he put on my favorite mix CD. The first song was a slow song, and I took Jade's hand. I led her to the middle of the floor, and we danced close. "I love you." I whispered in her ear. "I love you too." she put her head on my chest, and I kissed the top of her head. Everyone around us was dancing too, but I felt like we were the only two people on earth. I held her even closer, because I just didn't wanna let go.
The song ended after awhile, and Jade and I separated. "I have something for you, my love. Don't go anywhere yet." I said. I pulled my gift out of my pocket, and gave it to her. "W-what is it?" she looked up. "Just open it." I told her. She opened it, and looked at me in shock. "Logan, th-this is so sweet, but... I don't think I'm ready to marry you just yet." she blushed. "What? N-no, it's just a promise ring babe. Here." I took it out of the box, and put it on her. "Thank you, it's beautiful." she kissed me on the cheek. Niall walked over to me, and he looked at Jade. "Hey, happy birthday." he said to her. "Thank you." she said. His girlfriend came over too, and introduced herself. Her name's Kaylee. "Nice to meet you Kaylee." Jade said politely. "You too." she just gave her a simple smile.
It was the end of the party, and everyone headed home. The four of us were alone, and we cleaned up a little. "Thank you so much for this party Logan. I really appreciate it." Jade smiled softly. "Don't just thank me. Kyle and Audrey helped out quite a bit with decorations and stuff. Sorry we couldn't hire a deejay." I said. "It's fine. This party was perfect all the same. Thank you Kyle and Audrey for helping too." she said. "Hey, it's no problem shorty. You're like a little sister to me." he put his arm around her shoulders. After Kyle and Audrey turned in for the night, Jade and I had... well, you know, then we fell asleep on the couch together.