Chapter 3

Wow.... I really reached 500+ reads O.O. Thank you all for helping me reach so far. I never in my life thought someone would really read my book. I only wanted to try this out and I've reached so far. Once again, thank you so much!

••••••••••••••

The door opened and I looked up to see a man that was not Taylor.

"Hello, you must be Ms. Heavens. Mr. Branson is waiting for you in the music room." The man guided me upstairs and down a long hallway. We stopped in front of the door that was in the corner.

"Here we are." He knocked on the door. "Mr. Branson, Ms.Heavens is here."

I heard a piano stop and Taylor getting up and come towards the door.

The door opened and he had a big smile on his face. "You really came..."

I blushed and nodded.

"Well, come in. You may leave now Tom." Taylor nodded at the man that I know now is Tom. He nodded back and closed the door.

We were silent for a few minutes. Taylor walked back to the piano and started playing "Only Hope." I walked to one of the chairs and sat down. I listened at the soothing melody and sang in my head.

When the melody came to an end, he turned around and said, "You can sing this song right?"

I looked at him eyes wide. "Was he the one I heard that day?" I thought.

I didn't say anything and looked back down. I ignored his question and asked, "Which subject do you need help on?"

I put my bag down and took out my notes. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't answer so I looked up to see him in front of me. He was staring at me with a amused look on his face.

"I didn't know you ignored people's questions." He tried to compose his face, but ended up smiling anyway.

I confidently said, "I came here to tutor, not talk about music." I was surprised at what I just said. I've never spoke like that since forever. "So which subject was it?" I looked back down.

"I don't need you to tutor me Melody, I want you to sing for me." He told me.

I looked up again and this was hurting my neck from doing it too much. "I didn't come here to give you singing services but tutoring services." I was pretty amazed at what I was saying but I hope it goes on for a bit longer.

"I just want you to sing, is that so bad?" He asked with puppy eyes.

I was a bit affected by his eyes, but I looked away. "I'm leaving." I got up and started packing my notes. I turned for the door.

"Please stay. I know you're mad for coming all the way here and not able to tutor me but I heard you sing the other day in the music room and I was so amazed at how good your voice was." He pleaded.

"So it was you I heard." I looked at him accusingly.

I was kinda happy but annoyed at the same time. I was happy because he said how my voice was so good but annoyed because he listened in on me.

"I didn't mean it I swear. I just happened to walk by when I heard a piano playing." He put his hands up and looked at me.

I sighed. "As long as no one else heard, its fine." I guess I mistaken Taylor as a bad guy. He seem nice but kinda pushy.

"So will you sing?" He looked at me hopeful.

"No, I don't sing in front of others." It was true thought. I never sang in front of others. None of my family members know I sing or play piano. I had learnt it through my spare time and got good at it. I wasn't about to let some guy listen to me sing.

Taylor's face saddened. I sighed again. "You only asked me to tutor you so you can hear me sing?"

He nodded at what I said. "How about I play for you and you just listen?" He asked. "I really want to hear your voice again. I know you have a lot of potential and I know you can become a star."

I looked at him surprised. "You lying right?" He shook his head. I look at him in disbelief. "I don't get why your helping me. I'm a loner, a freak."

L

"You're special." He looked at me straight in the eyes. His face was serious and manly. His dark blue eyes were piercing right through me. I blushed and looked down.

"What do you mean I'm 'special'?" I was still looking down, too embarrassed to look up.

He didn't answer my question and went to the piano. He sat down and looked for something. He pulled out a sheet of paper and put it on the stand. I looked at it closely and it read "Wait For You". He started to play and sing softly and I looked on in awe.

"I understand why he's so famous now." I thought. "Can I really be like that? Will I be good enough?"

While I was thinking about it, Taylor had stopped playing. I hadn't notice I had closed my eyes and was laying back. I opened my eyes quickly and sat straight up. "Sorry" I mumbled.

"Was I that good?" He snickered. I blushed again and said, "I don't really know. What I do know is that you don't need my help so I will be taking my leave now." I stood up and walked to the door.

Before I can opened the door, a hand was on the door. I turn and see him way too close to me. I take a step back.

"I would like to go home now." I looked at him.

"Please consider my request. I really want to hear you. You really can become a star." He pleaded.

"I don't think I can." I looked away. "Yes you can, you just don't try. You were before..." He trailed off.

My eyes snapped back to him. "What do you mean 'before'? I questioned.

He looked away and said nothing. I eyed him still curious. He finally broke the silence and said, "I will tell you once you reach the top."

He let me go after that. He asked Tom to drive me home. Sitting at the back of the car, I couldn't understand what he was saying.

We reached my house and Tom opened the door for me. He didn't look that much older then me and Taylor. I said thank you and walked to the front door of my house. I got inside and told my parents I wasn't hungry and wanted to sleep.

I laid down on my bed and I was still trying to understand what Taylor meant by 'before'.

••••••••••••••••

I'm so sorry this chapter is so short. I had a bit of a writers block. I promise (I hope) it will get better in the next chapter! Thank you so much to all my readers, all of your comments help me improve. The song "Only Hope" is in the first chapter, please go listen to it!

Please, if you feel like it. :)

Follow, Vote and Comment!