Chapter 4

I really can't believe it! 650+ reads!!! I feel like I'm not doing enough to get this many reads. :( Still, thank you!

••••••••••••••••••

When you think of weekends, you think of going to the mall with your friends or going to a party. For me, since I have no friends, well MAYBE Lucy. Lucy has other friends so I doubt she would want to come hang out with me.

So here I am on a Sunday night, at home watching the old reruns of "The X Factor."

I had the whole weekend to think about Friday. I really was confused. It made no sense. What did he mean "before"? I decided I would ask what he meant on Monday.

~~~~~

Monday morning***

I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm clock.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I closed my eyes for an extra minute.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groaned and turned around to shut the alarm up. I got up from my super comfy bed and reluctantly walked to the washroom.

I did all the things a girl in a washroom would do. When I was finished, I walked to my closet and took out a pair of skinny jeans and a green V-neck t-shirt. I put my hair in my usual side braid.

I turned to look at my clock.

7:20

I took my jacket and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen where I see my dad having breakfast.

My dad was a very quiet man. I got his side of the family. I have his dark brown wavy-curly hair. I have his tan skin too. I even have his quiet personality. The only thing I didn't get from him is his eyes. Mine were kind of blue-gray while his were green.

My dad looked up and said, "Good morning Melody. Did you get enough sleep?" "I did. Are you going to work soon?" I replied as I took some milk out of the fridge. I poured myself a cup and took out some Oreo cookies from the cabinet, then went to sit down across him.

"I still have about 10 mins before I need to go." Dad answered back. "Oh." was all I said.

We ate in silence. We were use to eating like this. We didn't need to communicate to be comfortable. I read the newspaper and soon my dad went to work. He said 'bye' and I murmured a 'bye' back.

I glanced at my watch which read 7:45. I got up and washed my cup and put on my jacket. I got my keys and locked the door. I hurried to the bus stop.

I got school and it seemed like half the kids weren't there. It is Monday after all. Some kids were still looking at me and saying stuff. I really hope all this stuff calms down soon. I continued to walk to my locker. I saw Lucy and decided to speak up and say hi to her. We chatted and walked to first period together.

I really hope the day would go by fast so I can see Taylor. Thinking about him made me blush and Lucy seemed to notice and asked whats wrong. I said 'nothing' and we continued walking.

My wish seem to come true when it

was finally last period. I hadn't seen or heard of him this whole day and was looking forward to ask him about what he meant on Friday.

My hopes vanished when I went to sit down and heard that Taylor was busy for the next few days due to his schedule. I was disappointed and I attempted to tell myself that I would see him in a few days.

Next 3 days~~~

It's been three days since Taylor has been to school. I was anxious for him to come back to school soon.

I decided walked to school today feeling very enthusiastic. I went to my locker in a good mood which I didn't understand why. I took out my books and put them in my bag. I dropped one and reached down to pick it up when a hand came out of nowhere startling me.

I looked up bewildered and fell back.

"Ouch." I rubbed my back and opened my eyes to see Taylor looking down at me amused.

I got off the floor and he handed me my book. "Sorry if I scared you, here." He chuckled. I grabbed the book out of his hand and glared at him. Well, there goes my good mood. I slammed my locker shut and walked away. He caught up to me and I avoided eye contact. "Sorry about that, really. I really wanted to ask you something."

I continued walking and muttered, "What is it?" Before he can answer, a kid ran past me causing me to tumble over. Taylor caught me and steadied me. "You okay?" I flushed and nodded. I moved away from his touch and asked again. "What did you want to ask?"

His eyes flickered to a bunch of girls coming towards our direction. "Uh, I'll ask you in last period." And with that he swiftly walked away towards the boys washroom.

I looked after him confused. I turned to walk to my first class and I felt thousands of daggers stabbing me on my back.

I sat down in my first class and realized Lucy wasn't here today. I didn't dare look up because I felt glares coming from all directions. The same happened in second and third period. By fourth, I had lost my good mood I had this morning.

I slid into my chair and looked out the window hoping when this period was done. I felt someone move the chair beside me and I turned my head and see Taylor. "Hey, sorry about this morning." I glanced at him and all I see was his body right next to mine.

I blushed and moved over a bit. I looked down.

"It's fine. So w-what did you need?" I stammered still blushing a deep red.

"Actually, I was wondering if you want to still come on Friday. I will still pay you. I just want you to listen to me. You don't have to sing or anything." He asked me.

I looked at him puzzled. I didn't know if he still wanted me to come after I said all those things to him. "But I'm not doing anything to get paid." I answered. "Your doing a lot by just seeing me sing and play." He insisted. "I-I don't know, let me think about it.". I needed to ask him about Friday, but before I could, class started and I turn towards the front.

Class finally finished up and I quickly and swiftly put my stuff away. Being as clumsy like I always was, I dropped all of my books. It made a loud sound and everyone glanced over to see what had happened. I blushed so hard, I probably looked like a tomato.

I bent down and started to pick them up. Taylor started to help me and I blushed even harder. When everything was off the ground, I stood up and mumbled a 'thank you'.

I got out of class as fast as I could, and almost tripped over a shoe that someone had probably lost in the hallway. I made my way to my locker and started to think of what I had for homework. The halls were pretty empty when I got to my locker.

I was concentrating on not getting the wrong work when I felt very crowded. I turn to see not one, but 10 girls that I saw this morning looking for Taylor and they didn't look happy to see me.

••••••••••••••••

Thank you so much to all of my readers!! I wouldn't have been able to get this far if it weren't for your support! Please help me improve because I know I still have a long way to go. Also, please if you like, inbox me on what you want to happen next. I would like to get as many options as I can.

Again, if you like.

Follow, Vote and Comment!