🌿Chapter 1 - Forest🌿

ᨒ↟↟ᨒᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ

Wanderer's View:

A sigh, echoed through the walls of the wide-open room, fit for a ballroom or party but was only used by two people. One of the two people being the sigh-emulator, it was a sigh The Youth knew well, a sigh that had meaning behind it and one that told him that this "God of Dendro"  they all called 'great', was using sly tactics in his earshot. He shook his head in pity at that fact, that those ants mingling below them in town would never really understand the true God of Dendro they praised.

Not that, that had anything to do with him.  

The Youth sported a large circular navy-blue kasa hat with cyan tassels dangling from it, a black turtleneck hidden underneath a layer of a white kimono and large furisode-like sleeves in cyan colouration. His blue half-cape with various tones and patterns that hung off his left shoulder, fell further down his shoulder as he leaned on the railings of Surasthana. 

Casually, flipping the pages of a book forced upon him by the previously mentioned God, his fingerless metallic gloves wrapped like bandages around his wrist gently gliding across the paper to the corner before turning it again. 

All the while, that same person stood a few inches away beside him and busily flourished green sparks between her fingers before sighing yet again.

Annoyed, The Youth ignored the girl's woes and allowed his eyes to fall deeper into the boring contents of the book in his hands - quarreling sages, theories, and philosophies with no clear facts only leading to further debate and confusion. He could think of several other interesting book topics to talk about, like how cunning their Lord was.  

The walls carried another sigh to his ears. 

He eventually resigned himself to the clutches of his unavoidable fate, very much relating to one of the books suggested about a girl being coaxed by the wolf as he too found himself in that same position.

Sighing a sigh of his own. 

He abruptly closed the book.

"How many times are you going to sigh?"

The girl with the body of a child but the mind of an adult, without looking at him, responded with a giggle. 

"Are you interested?". 

"Don't act like this wasn't your goal. Just tell me already. Enough with this roundabout way of getting what you want." He stated, coldly.

"Okay okay, according to my intel, there have been a lot of odd anomalies occurring throughout Sumeru." She explained, her already high-pitched voice further amplified from her touch of interest. 

"Odd?" The youth questioned, tilting his head. 

"I'm not sure what's causing this anomaly..." Her lips formed a thin line, "but if only there was some way to find out..."  Keeping all her intentions clear day in her emphasis. 

She glanced unapologetically at the youth before exclaiming. "Oh! why don't you go check it out for me, Wanderer?"

 Wanderer, already at the exit, tipped his hat to obscure his eyes.

Wind suddenly, burst open the doors and swirled like raging fire around him. 

He smirked. "You should've said that from the beginning."

Angelica's View:

The sound of birds sang like a choir amongst the trees and foliage while the rustling of the leaves and branches acted as percussion. The sunlight beamed brightly down, slipping through the cracks of the branches and illuminating the overgrowth hidden behind the canopy as if in an attempt to protect their younger brother and sisters. The warmth felt through those cracks, brought a soothing touch to Angelica's skin as she walked through the grass and bushes to get to a certain river.