🗡️Chapter 9 - Age🗡️

࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Angelica:

Angelica silently watched him in total amusement, trying her very hardest not to burst out laughing, a few light snorts escaped her mouth which to her surprise he didn't notice.

Despite, his avoidant attitude to her comment, it didn't upset her as she could tell he had never received a compliment like that before which made her giddy to be the first.

Angelica listened to his rambling with a relaxed smile before his declaration of 'going to town' snapped her out of her stupor and for a second, she froze then slowly felt strength.

Looking back at her wings in concern before answering, "I suppose, it should be okay since if you're by my side then I don't have anything to worry about. Though... it will still cause gossip but I guess i can't really avoid that all my life."

Sighing, she nodded in affirmation, walking over to the edge of hill and turning around to face Wanderer. She grinned at him, sticking her tongue out before leaning back and falling off the hill only to come back up with her wings spread out.

"Well? You coming then?" She asked, giggling.

Wanderer:

With no hesitation, he jumped off the hill and activated his Hanega in response to the question.

They both flew to Sumeru City with Wanderer leading the way and landing just outside of the city gates.

He glanced behind, "Unfortunately, rules apply here," clicking his tongue, "Sadly, if we don't follow them, you get fined which includes paperwork upon paperwork and an earful by a certain someone." He grimaced memories of writing flooded his mind, sending shivers down his spine and with that warning they continued on foot to the gates.

The guards nodded at Wanderer which he ignored but stopped Angelica.

"Your ID?" They questioned sternly.

Wanderer looked back at Angelica who quivered with her head down and stepped in.

He tapped the man's shoulder and whispered behind in his ear.

"She's with me," he scowled at the man, revealing a sliver of his threatening eyes beneath his hat causing the man to flinch.

"I'm sorry Sir." The Guard rushed to apologise, bowing in earnest while Wanderer half-heartedly replied with a flick of the wrist, a sign they understood and obliged to - back to their posts.

Watching them go with one hand on his hip, he looked back at the still frightened Angelica whose hands trembled and with swift dexterity wrapped a blue ribbon around his wrist and then tied the other end to her.

"To keep you from wandering off." He explained in a lukewarm tone, he tested the tightness, bringing his arm back before nodding in satisfaction.

Angelica:

Angelica regarded the blue ribbon that was tied to her wrist and blushed slightly at this idea of keeping them from being separated.

Now, walking around she noticed how big and beautiful the city was which in a way was a bit overwhelming for her for she wasn't used to all the loud noises. The more she strolled the streets, the more she saw the many different buildings and stalls all for different purposes such as food, furnishings, housing, souvenirs, weapons and so much more.

Out of them all, a small shop caught her eye that was selling stunning gowns and accessories - things she had an interest in, after all, it was in Angelica's instincts to make sure she looked her best.

In a sudden burst of spontaneity, she headed for it before rubberbanding backwards from the ribbon tying her to Wanderer who was unfazed by the tugging like a solid statue that was bee-lining for a food stall. He turned to give her a disapproving eyebrow raise.

"Oh, sorry." She squeaked.

Noting that place in her mind so she could visit it at a later date and get new clothing since her protector was stubborn and only wanted to be there for a specific reason. Later she promised herself.

As she walked in step with Wanderer she noticed people staring at her, giving her mixed emotions, she could tell they were whispering under their breath at other people and she swallowed dry under their gaze. So, naturally, Angelica felt self-conscious about herself and out of fear she lessened the length of the ribbon by grabbing Wanderer's arm pulling herself closer to the comfort of his protection and blushed from the contact.

Huffing, her gaze was placed on Wanderer, and a question popped into her head, a question she'd been meaning to ask all day but it eluded her time and time again.

"Wanderer, can I ask, how old are you?" She politely asked, giving him a light smile.

Wanderer:

Wanderer was dead set on this one food place in his mind until all his attention was thrown off by the age question that popped into his ear... Indeed, How old WAS he? He frowned.

Time wasn't something he kept track of, after all, what's the point of doing that for an immortal puppet?

He shrugged.

"You think I'd keep track of that?"

"And you, do you think making small talk with me will fix your current problems? Just focus on yourself." He sneered.

At the silence, he marched for a café, only now noticing the shortened ribbon and hands neatly wrapped around his arms. In the café, he ordered the contents she required and they sat down outside to wait.

Leaning peacefully back against his chair, tapping his fingers on the table in a rhythmic piano-playing way.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐ ࿔*:・゚࿐