🪶Chapter 4 - Challenge🪽

࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐

Wanderer:

Wanderer stared at this creature, that acted all too chummy with him which unsettled him.

He squinted at her, "Angelica hmm? Interesting name." He mused before leaving the tree he leaned against and twirled on his heels to march away upon getting the 'okay'.

Peeking back to make sure she followed this time, to which she did albeit with an incredulous look beforehand. They passed the lake of Yazahada Pool and noticed Angelica nervously shuffle close behind him before they arrived at the Sumeru City gates.

He stopped abruptly.

Hitting his back from the unexpected stop with a yelp, he glanced back patronisingly which she gave back with an angry expression of puffed cheeks and he wasn't gonna lie, it did make him chuckle inside.

He spun his body to face her, "Can you fly? Or are those wings just for show?" He mocked, raising an eyebrow.

Angelica:

Angelica stared at him and smiled widely. Her wings were one of the things she was proud of, she'd do her very best to keep them neat and healthy going as far as putting essential oils in her feathers to keep them soft.

She glanced around to see if anyone was around and to her surprise there wasn't.

Turning back to him, she unclipped her cloak and let it fall to her ankles. Exposing her pure white wings and slowly spreading them out in a stretch to answer his question before flapping and lifting off the ground gracefully. Keeping low to the ground she flew a few laps around Wanderer, making small wind gusts tornado around him as she did.

After her little stunt, she lowered herself back to the ground picking up her cloak and placing it back on.

"Flying is one of the things I love doing, it brings me a sense of freedom!" She said, fondly, "Though I am limited to where I can and can't fly along with how long since It's difficult keeping myself hidden." She spoke with a wistful tone to her voice.

Keeping her eyes leveled with his before sighing, "If only I had someone who could fly and race with me."

Wanderer:

A sense of freedom, huh? That sentiment reminded him of how he felt when he first got his Vision. He looked down at the pendant that pulsated on his chest and touched it in wonder before shaking his head. No, his Vision is a reminder, a reminder of his burden and past.

He triggered his elemental skill Hanega which sent him hovering mid-air.

"What a coincidence, it just so happens that I can fly." He mused before he flashed a sly smile, "Now how about that race?"

Angelica:

Angelica watched Wanderer, his silence made her believe he was deep in thought, and her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed his eyes change from wonder to pain. She pondered to herself what horror he had gone through for him to have such a look on his face.

But before she could say anything, he began hovering off the floor, the pendant on his chest glowing. She hadn't noticed it before with everything going on but now that it glowed it was an Anemo Vision. She knew about elemental users gifted by The Archons who were given power as there were occasionally those types of visitors in her forest although she never went close to where she was spotted.

Her eyes widened in surprise and she gasped in amazement, "Y-you can fly too!? I-I'd love to race with you!" She exclaimed, taking off her cloak again and lifting into the air.

She smirked, before looking around to find a finish point and spotted a large tree in the town on a hill in the distance, her eyes gleamed.

"I accept your challenge wanderer let's see who can make it to that building on that tree there first." She challenged, passionately pointing to the finish point and without warning she launched herself into that direction like a bullet of a Fatui rifle.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐ ࿔*:・゚༄࿐