❀💧 Chapter 2 - Encounter 💧❀

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧

Wanderer POV:

The wind whistled past his ear as he soared through the air to Yazadaha Pool. The shield that protected him from the bellowing whips, hammered down on him as if trying to stop him from his pursuit but this didn't shake him instead it stoked the fire within.

The words "The Fatui" rang in his ears like a broken record and the name made him sick to the stomach – it was a name that held no value to him when he was a Harbinger but now its value, no, it's heavy burden was one that seemed to follow him wherever he went.

"Wanderer!" A pitched voice called to him underneath layers of killing intent. Another call from the voice but this time more profound that it was like a slap to the face like a gentle hand lifting him out of a black swamp. 

He gasped, his vision clearing from what once seemed to be shrouded in darkness.

He shook his head, the energy in his Hanega wavered and the next minute he found himself on the ground. Touching the fresh grass stabilised his thoughts and the voice once muffled was now coherent and familiar to him.

"Wanderer!" The God of Dendro, repeated in a desperate panic.

"I get it, I get it, what's the matter," Wanderer groaned, cradling his head in his palm.

"I called earlier and you weren't responding so I thought something happened," she exhaled in relief, "why didn't you reply?"

"I was..." Wanderer couldn't answer as he too didn't even know, he was consumed with rage which was unlike him, he was calm and collected not a rabid dog.

"It's nothing, I got information that The Fatui were near Yazadaha Pool," he informed.

"The... Fatui?" The Dendro Archon's voice faltered, "What could they be doing in Sumeru?"

"That's what I'm going to find out."

"Perhaps that anomaly of ours is closer than we think," she muttered to herself.

"Whatever the reason I'll make sure they-".

"What is it?" The Dendro Archon inquired at the sudden sentence break.

Wanderer crouched down at an abnormally large yet peculiar feather that hugged closely to the grass as if begging to be picked up, he tilted his head as he examined it, no bird existed as big as this. He scanned, the area around him and noticed a pattern within the grass that indicated someone or something trodded through recently. 

He murmured, "I might be closer than I thought."

He set off, following the trail of feathers, not noticing that the Dendro Archon's reception fizzled out as he went.

Angelica POV:

Angelica picked up the pace through the forest completely avoiding whatever was stirring up the peace for fear of what could happen if she were to be spotted. It wasn't for fear of getting hurt, it was more of an insecurity, after all, Sumeru wasn't exactly known for having beings like her, at least to her knowledge. 

Angelica's power and appearance was nothing like she had read in any magical foci book from around Teyvat, although her knowledge of her self wasn't much to brag about so who would know about her when she didn't even know what she was herself? But at the same time, she longed to find that special someone or at least someone to be by her side and having that connection to someone was something she longed for.