⚔️Chapter 6 - Protect ⚔️

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰

Wanderer:

Wanderer stared at her then shrugged in response. He didn't want to waste his breath explaining so he left that to the Dendro Archon after all he had already hit his talking limit.

Kusanali sighed at Wanderer's lack of explanation, "You don't have to worry about me, I'm stronger than you think," She winked, "I'm Nahida, the Dendro Archon but you can call me Nahida that's what my friends call me!" She glanced at Wanderer who avoided her gaze, his arms crossed, "Besides your saviour, he always uses my title."

The Dendro Archon giggled mischievously - ignoring Wanderer's judging glare.

Wanderer scoffed and stepped away from the two girls, a god and a winged creature who kept stepping into his bubble out of her own volition, in the same room... what is this a circus?

He leaned against the wall, still within earshot as the two discussed among themselves.

Angelica:

Angelica sighed in relief, "Oh thank goodness, well it's nice to meet you Nahida," warmth in her voice as she spoke, "I have heard of you, though not a lot, and it's a great pleasure to meet The Dendro Archon."

Nahida smiled, "I sent Wanderer out to look for an Anomaly that had been causing unknown changes within Sumeru. I had spent a while trying to find out what was causing such things..." She sighed, "...But disappointingly even I found it hard to comprehend the sudden changes in the environment," she explained.

She straightened her green eyes determined, "So can you tell me, Angelica, who are you? I have never seen such a being before."

Angelica lowered her head and frowned, "I-I'm sorry Nahida, I don't know... I-" Her voice caught in her throat but she persisted. "I have no recollection of what or even who I am. It's like I've completely lost my memory. I spent all my life that I know of in Yazadaha pool, hidden from view to keep myself safe." She sniffled, barely holding back the emotion pooling in her eyes and throat. "But if it helps, I have the ability to manipulate plants, I do have the ability to heal but not myself, unfortunately."

Nahida:

"The ability to... heal?" Nahida thoughtfully questioned, she studied Angelica's person, "Without a Vision? Hmm... Strange, I only know of one other being that doesn't harness a Vision yet can use powers," she sighed, "Unfortunately Traveller isn't here right now."

She saw in the corner of her eyes, Angelica's lips squeezing together in a thin line.

"Well, I can check Irminsul if it has any idea on your past," Nahida quickly suggested.

Angelica:

Angelica blinked back the tears at Nahida's words, "Oh! Well, you can try, though I must reveal that my age isn't quite what it seems. I do know that I'm... 119 years old. My name and age are the only two things that stuck with me but everything else I found out along the way. Even now I'm still discovering things about myself... This is my first interaction with a person so I again discovered something new."

The more she spoke, the more her wings gradually fell to the ground because now that she said it aloud it sounded kind of pathetic.

Was she that scared of how others perceived her?

Suddenly, questions and thoughts she never had overwhelmed her. Why was The Fatui after her? They knew where her home is, she could never go back there, at least not for a long time. It would be too dangerous for her!

Her wondering eyes focused back on Nahida again, this time, however, tears broke from their confinement and ran down her face.

"I have no shelter now... Who's going to protect me? The Fatui are after me... and I- I don't even know who I am!" She wailed, her words crashing into each other as her panic overflowed.

Nahida's eyes widened and she hurried to calm her, "Oh no, please don't cry! You're safe here. We won't let anyone bring you harm."

She patted the wilting flower on the back while her eyes sent an S.O.S signal to Wanderer who had his eyes closed making Nahida resort to something else.

Wanderer:

Wanderer was dozing off, exhausted from the search, the fight and the silly race that only children would be doing not this 519 year old. These childish-unusual antics made him feel so out of touch with himself that he needed to sleep it off but before he could, a whisp of Dendro pulled his cheek to the side forcing his lids awake. He rubbed his cheek, irritated at first at the culprit until he saw Lesser Lord Kusanali's face and his expression softened.

He, still off put, walked back over, just as he heard Nahida's consolation that made him wish he hadn't.

"I won't let you get hurt from The Fatui as it just so haappens we have someone who can protect you and it's someone you know!" She announced giddily.

Two pairs of eyes looked at him, one pair puffier than the other.

He slowly, pointed to himself, highkey hoping it wasn't what he feared.

"Me?"

Kusanali nodded enthusiastically, a smile plastered on her face and eyes that said, "You want to pay me back right?"

Wanderer looked at the tear stricken pair of eyes as she was coddled in Kusanali's embrace which sort of bemused Wanderer to see a child, yet not a child, consoling a person twice her size.

He sighed.

"Fine. Not like I have a choice." He twirled on his heels to leave.

"Where you going?" Kusanali asked.

"To rest." He scowled in response, opening the door ajar, to disappear and slam it behind him.

Kusanali exhaled loudly,.

"He's going to the pond on the outskirts of Gandha Hill which exists on the border between The Chasm and Sumeru." She informed, splaying her hands to summon a map and pen and sprawled it across the ground. 

She drew a red circle around a small pond. 

"He likes to rest there when I don't need him," she chuckled, scribbling something else, "he probably thinks I don't know." 

She watched Angelica examining the map and laughing at the doodle she also drew.

"It might be safer for you to stay here but that's up to you, until then I'll be looking for clues on The Fatui and your past." Nahida said.

Editors note:
Sorry for not uploading last month's 29th :( . Things happened, so to make up for it we decided to give TWO updates, TWO! That's right folks! Who got that reference? Also heres a lil extra gift. Here's the area Wanderer wandered (hilarious) off to, provided by Nahida.  :)

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊