Chapter 5

After a while Mrs. Fredericks called us back inside because I had to go home. Before I left Sawyer handed me his phone so I could give him my number. I know this sounds crazy since I just met him but I think I might like Sawyer a bit.... His laugh is seriously contagious and his eyes gosh those eyes are seriously attractive. They're bright blue the color of the sky and are the most perfect eyes I have ever seen.

As soon as I got home I got a text from Sawyer saying "Goodnight sleep well :D" I couldn't help but smile. Even though we just met, I feel like there is just some kind of connection between us. I never had that with anybody else; it's hard to explain I feel like I have known him before. I sent him back a quick text saying "Goodnight!" A few minutes later I was out like a light.

Dream

I hear a truck door slam and my heartbeat quickens. I know my father said he would find us and kill us but I never knew he would be able to find us this quick. Seconds later I hear something that sounds like water being poured on the house. Getting up quick I slink to my bedroom window to see what's going on. When I see what's happening my breath hitches. It's my father, pouring gasoline all over the house. Running like a track star to my mother's room I yell at her to get up. A few seconds later the smell of smoke fills my senses. Everything is filled with dark, thick smoke and I can't see anything. As the house is being engulfed in flames all I can hear is the booming laughter of my father.

End of Dream

I woke up with tears streaming down my face. The dream seemed so real. I know the chances of my father finding us are slim, but I can't help but think the worst. If he does find us than what will he do to us.... I guess all I can do is hope that never happens to us. My mother and I have gone through a lot already and I really don't think I could handle it if my dad showed up at our house. I tried to go back to sleep but after that dream it was impossible. Getting up quietly I grabbed a sweatshirt and slipped it over my head, then I grabbed my guitar, and phone, and made my way to the door. I really didn't want to wake up my mom so I made my way to the backyard and was surprised to find an old barn. I guess this makes sense I haven't walked around the property a lot. I made my way over to the barn and opened the doors, it smelled a bit musty but other than that it seemed to be in okay shape. The moon was full so the light illuminated the barn so I could see.Sitting down on a hay bale I began to play the guitar in the tune of my favorite song Trouble by Ray Lamontagne (obviously) After a few hours of playing my favorite songs I fell asleep to the sound of crickets.

(A/N -please vote, and comment on how you like the story so far. Also, if you have any ideas on what should happen next comment telling me your idea :D Thank you for reading!)