Chapter 12

Sawyer's POV

My heart is pounding against my chest. That message sent chills down my spine; I can't imagine how Ally feels right now.

"Ally" I say trying to snap her out of her current daze. She doesn't even listen.

"Ally look at me." I plead trying to get her to come back to reality. Finally she looks up snapping out of her trance. All I can see in those green blue eyes is absolute, complete, fear. She is visibly shaking like a leaf. Trying to get her to calm down I embrace her in a hug, a few minutes later she is finally able to speak.

"Sawyer" She says through tears. "He is going to find us, and when he does he is going to ruin our lives. He may even already know where we live right now, and he is going to come to our house and try to kill is. We are just going to keep running away. I'm going to lose one of the only people I care about which is you." Tears are streaming down her face now.

"It's going to be ok" I say trying to soothe her.

"You don't get it! It's not going to be ok." She says looking into my eyes "He has ruined our lives for years now, he just isn't going to go away. He'll never go away! He is insane, and too pretty soon he will show up at our house and try to kill us." She crys. "Before we left the house he said he would find us. But I never actually thought he would go that far to hire someone to do it. It's only a matter of time now." She says nervously running her fingers through her hair.

"I need to call my mom right now and tell her. For all we know he could be here right now waiting to attack one of us." She rambles. She picks up her phone and starts dialing, it rings but her mom doesn't pick up.

"Come on mom pick up." She mumbles as she dials again. But she doesn't answer. She calls again leaving a voicemail. "Hey mom pick up the phone. I just got a call from dad and he said that he is coming for us, PLEASE ANSWER THE PHONE!" She tries to call about ten more times before she finally gives up.

"Sawyer." She says "Do you think she is not answering because he found her?" She puts her head in her hands and just cries.

I don't know how to answer that. I don't want to lie to her and I don't want to tell her the truth. Since I don't know what to do I probably should get someone who knows.

"I'm going to go get my mom she probably will know what to do. Be right back." I say assuringly as I run out of the room to go get my mom. I look in her room and see that she isn't there and I quickly run outside and find her by the garden.
"Mom!" I yell and she looks up from where she is gardening.

"What's wrong Sawyer?" She asks worriedly as I run up to her.

"Ally got a call from her dad saying that he hired a private investigator to find them and that he is going to see them soon. Then Ally tried to call her mom to tell her and she is not picking up the phone! She called like ten times and each time it rang and went to voicemail."

"Oh my gosh I hope her mom is alright. Let's go back inside and try to call her a few more times before we do anything." She says standing up.

We run towards the house and to the living room and Ally is in the position she was when I left. Her head is buried in her hands and she is just bawling. I sit next to her and put my arm around her to try to comfort her.

Ally's POV

She's dead. Is the only thing that running through my mind right now. It's that, our my father has her which is just as worse as being dead. That would be the only reason why she wouldn't answer the phone. She always does! He said he would kill us! And now he probably killed my mom. The one person that I truly love more than anything. Sawyer runs back inside with his mom and they quickly come over to where I'm sitting. Sawyer puts his arm around me trying to comfort me, but it doesn't help because there is nothing that can stop my worrying right now.

"Here can I see your phone so I can try to call your mom a few times before I get the police to help." Kirsten says as she sits next to me. I hand her my phone with my hand still shaking. She calls my mom and each times it rings until it goes to voicemail.

"I'm going to try to call her work to see if she is there."

She looks up the number for the convenient store and calls it. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. They must have picked up because Mrs. Fredericks starts speaking "Hello this is Kirsten Fredericks. We wanted to ask if one of your employees is there right now. We have reason to believe she may be in trouble. The name of the person we are trying to find is Diane Fitch."

"Okay we will be right back with you we will go check if Diane is here." They respond.

A few minutes later they return to the phone. "I just asked one of my co-workers and they said Diane was here earlier in the morning. But a little after lunch she disappeared and hasn't been back here since."

As soon as I hear that she is missing I lose every sense I have. I feel numb. The world starts spinning and I pass out.

Sawyer's POV

"Ally" I yell as I catch her before she falls forward off the couch. She must have passed out because she is totally out of it. My mom runs over and helps me get her back on the couch.

"Sawyer stay right here I'm going to go call 911." She says as she runs into the kitchen.

I can hear her phone call from where I'm sitting.

"911 what's your emergency"
"Well we think someone has been kidnapped" My mom says.

"What evidence do you have that they were kidnapped?"
"Well Diane Fitch the person we think has been kidnapped; husband said that he was going to kill her and her daughter when they left him because he was abusing them. Her daughter just got a call from her dad saying that he hired someone to find them, and that pretty soon they would see him again. After that she tried to call her mother and each time she didn't answer. We just called her work to and asked if she was there, they said she was there for a few hours and then just disappeared."

"Where is the last location she was seen at?"
My mom responds by saying "Main Street Mini Mart in Fultonville"

"And what is your location? We are going to be sending police over to get some more details to start the investigation."

My mom tells her our address and hangs up the phone.

Ally's POV
My eyes open and I'm lying on the couch in the Fredericks' house. That must have just been a terrible nightmare; it all seemed so real though. I look around and see Sawyer, and his mom sitting next to me. They realize I'm awake and Sawyer asks "Are you okay Ally?"

I respond by saying "I'm fine I just had a bad dream."
His whole facial expression changes and then he says "Ally that wasn't a dream."