Chapter 6

The diner is so pretty on the inside. The waiter gets us our table and we order. I start tapping my nails on the table and the whole time Noah stares at me and just smirks. "What?" I ask. "Nothing..you just look so stunning tonight. It's hard not to stare, honestly. I blush and then see someone walk through the diner entrance. It's Ollie, just Ollie. No Megan, no nothing. Ironically, he sits in the table next to me and Noah. 

Ollie looks at me and yells from his table, "Hey! Penny! You never called me back after our call 'lost connection'!" 

My face turns red with embarrassment. "Oh, um. Sorry. I forgot." 

"Hm, why are you with Noah Flynn?"

"He's my boyfriend." 

"OH! So that's why you pretended to lose connection, because you have a boyfriend. Well. That's okay, we wouldn't want you to be a whore," he then mumbles under his breath loud enough for me to hear, "even though you are already one."

My face turns even redder and I see Noah's face is filled with fury. A tear runs down my cheek and Noah sees it. He grabs my hand and caresses it. He mouths to me, "I love you." and I mouth back, "I love you too.". "I'm going to the restroom." Noah says. When Noah goes to the bathroom Ollie smirks and goes over to my table. Ollie tries to start flirting with me, and I feel a panic attack about to happen. Luckily, Noah comes out of the restroom and Ollie quickly goes to his table. I look down with my eyes closed and Noah grabs my hand from under the table and squeezes it. I breath in and out a few times and I feel better. Noah asks, "What happened?" "Ollie flirte-" but I get cut off because our food is here. We eat very fast and then decide to go outside on the deck from the diner. The fairy lights are everywhere. "Care to dance?" Noah asks me. "I'd be delighted to." I reply. We start dancing slow and we get closer, and closer, I wrap my arms around his neck and we get super close. It feels so good, like all my worries disappeared. After we're done I remember I left my purse in the diner and run to get it. I check my phone and see a missed call from Megan. "I gotta call someone back.." I say to Noah. Megan answers and says "Watch your back. Ollie really wants you; and he'll do anything he can do to get you" and hangs up. I think nothing of it.