Chapter 9

I drove back to my home thinking about Tom the whole time. I was so happy. I can't believe he came out of coma. I wanted to cry tears of joy again, but I was too happy to even cry happy tears. I got back to my home and instantly went on my laptop and called Noah on skype. He answered quickly and I told him everything about Tom.
"That's so wonderful, gorgeous."
"I know, I missed him so much."
"I miss you,"
"I miss you too Noah."
"I want to hug you and kiss you and love you and just be there for you."
"I wish that's how it could be right now."
"Me too, Penny."
I look sad in the camera and say, "Yeah."
"Penny for your thoughts?"
"I miss you so much and I want you here, just so someone can hold me and kiss me. Penny for yours?"
"I want you here so I can hold your hand, so we can see sights, so we can go out, so I can kiss you whenever I want, so I can hug you night, and ultimately help with the attacks."
"I wish you could do that too. But that pretending you're here thing really worked."
"Really? I'm glad."
"Me too."
"Alright, well, I gotta go. I have a job to attend and it's a school night for you, even though you've been skipping. Go tomorrow. Goodnight gorgeous, I love you."
"I love you too."
The call hangs up and my mom suddenly calls my name. I go downstairs and my mom is literally bursting with excitement.
"Penny! Penny! I have great news!"
"What is it?"
"I got such great reviews from the wedding in Brooklynn that another couple wants me to plan their wedding in New York. I thought it would be great for you as well, to come."
"Are you serious?!" I yell with excitement.
"Yep. Only downer is, the town is a few hours away from Brooklynn but it's better than 4000 miles away, right?"
"Right. When are we leaving?"
"In two days. It's when Tom's supposed to be out of the hospital. It's kinda like a big ol' road trip because we're taking Elliot and Melanie along with us!"
"Yay!" I can't wait! I have to tell Noah!"
I run back upstairs to my laptop, but then forget Noah had to go. So I texted him about the trip. This was gonna be amazing.