Chapter 12

Author's Note:

Thanks so much for 95 (was 82 when I was writing this, omg; then turned to 95! how even..)  views! I know it's honestly not much but I'm very grateful. I even got a DM of someone saying they enjoyed reading it :) so yeah.

[ ELLIOT'S POV ] 

I really didn't want to see Penny, but yet, I kinda did. I hadn't even talked to her since we've been in New York and it kinda sucked ass. She doesn't understand how boyfriends usually don't last forever. Especially Noah Flynn. But I will, I'll always stick by her stubborn ass. I'll always be her best friend, she can't even get rid of me if she wanted to, which she doesn't. 

Maybe I should text her and see what she's up to..no. You can't sell yourself that easily to Penny. She'll be back, she can't hide at Noah's the whole time we're here. Yeah, think like that Elliot. It'll be okay. You'll never lose your best friend to that- scum. 

[ PENNY'S POV ]

I loved the feeling of being in Noah's arms, but I felt a deep guilt down in me. I hadn't talked to Elliot in a while and I instantly ran to Noah's when I got here. Maybe I should text him. I open my phone to Elliot's contact and type, "Hey. Sorry, I'm neglecting you. Let's hang out." and I sent- or at least tried to. 

Error. The message could not be sent. "Must be the service.." I whispered to myself as I tried to send it again.

Error.

Error.

Error. 

By this time the service was great. Elliot had blocked my number. Great, just great. "Noah, I need to take care of something, goodbye." I said. "Bye, gorgeous." he replied. I walked out of the door not noticing his presence. I was only focused on Elliot now. I was over being that shitty friend in his life. I was gonna be there. I was gonna go shopping with him, go out with him, just hang. Not everything was about Noah. I walked into the door of our hotel and looked everywhere for Elliot, he was no where to be found. 

"Where's Elliot?" I ask my mum. 

"Oh, um, he left. Saying he's going somewhere for the day. He told me he didn't feel the need to wait around since you'd be with Noah the whole time." She replies.

"That's not true, I just came back from Noah's because I felt bad about this whole thing.." 

"Well, I don't know what to tell you,"

"Do you know where he is?"

"He said something about a bridge, but there's many of those."

"I'll find him."

"Good luck," 

"Thanks." I sighed as I walked out the front door. 

I had to make things right with Elliot, I couldn't deal with the pain. You might say I'm being "over-dramatic", but I'm not. I've been friends with Elliot for years. And I just about replaced him for a boy, a silly boy. I love Noah with all my heart but..I know Elliot will always be by my side.