A Surprise

Venti stretches his limbs as he wakes up to the sound of birds and the light of the sun, he feels like it had been too long since he had last seen his friends Zhongli and Xiao and decides it would be a wonderful day to go check on them.

Venti makes his way through the bustling crowd of Liyue Harbour, keeping an eye out for a certain blockhead he was visiting, to his delight he found two of his other friends, Xingqiu and Chongyun. He approached the two blue haired boys "Hi Xingqiu and Chongyun! How are you?" Venti asks in a cheerful manner "We are well, Venti. How about yourself? Are you alright on this fine day?" Xingqiu responds closing the book in his hand "Mhm! Hey, have you seen Zhongli?"

The two think for a moment "I believe me and Yun saw him in the center of the city" "Mhm, I can agree with that" Venti thanks the two and makes his way to the center of the city.

He looks around and see's a man with a long, thin ponytail. He was about to approach his friend when he saw his face was red, he was confused and then he saw him go up to Childe. Venti thought for a couple of moments before blushing a bit himself, he left the area concluding his friend was perfectly fine and had enough company with the ginger, yes, just company, he left as quickly as possible.

Venti slowly made his way to the top of Mt Tianheng and sat down on the grass, waiting for Xiao to eventually show up and a certain time like always. Venti pulled out his flute to entertain himself while he waited for the Yaksha and played a few calming songs.

Venti eventually felt very tired and yawned, he lay on the grass, feeling the cool breeze go over his body and looked at moon. He counted all of the stars he could see, and thought of songs for every constellation, he even created stories of a moon goddess, who watched over the people of Liyue and was great friends with the ever beautiful Guizhong. This goddess in fact filled his role as a friend of Guizhong and Zhongli and the adepti's place of protecting Liyue, though she worked along side the wonders of Liyue instead of fully replacing them.

He soon closed his eyes and fell asleep on the mountain, which was unusual for him. Any other time you saw him sleep, he would be sitting in a tree branch, one leg hanging off, and sometimes there would even be birds on his head.

He woke up, feeling refreshed and lonely. He missed out on seeing the Yaksha because of his tiredness, he continued waiting in the same place for Xiao to appear.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and smiled, he turned his head "Xia-!Xiao...?" Venti was confused, the one who tapped his shoulder looked identical to Xiao, the only difference was his green hair was replaced with the colour red (He also had a lack of a shirt)

The red Xiao smirked and pulled Venti up "Woah!" The red Xiao had a firm grip on the bard and chuckled "Hi~" Venti blinked a couple times "Hi...? Xiao...?"

Venti was suddenly grabbed from behind and pulled into another's grip, he saw that it was Xiao, normal looking Xiao, now he was more confused than before "Huh????? Wait, which one of you is- why are there- what is happening?!?!" Venti's head was spinning and trying to wrap around the situation at hand.

"Fatui's weird experiments split HIM off from me" Xiao pulled Venti closer, glaring at his red varient. Red Xiao laughed "Why so clingy towards him? I'm his friend too, aren't I Venti?" Venti slowly freed himself from Xiao's grip "Well, you're split from the original Xiao so, yeah!" He warmly smiled at red Xiao.