4: Melinda

By the time Sofia finally gets me over to the 'Meet the Band' area, we're the last ones in line. I didn't do it on purpose (maybe), but my stubbornness caused us to take a while getting over here, Sofia having to practically drag me and all. Although we had taken a while, the line is still impossibly long, and I have no doubt that Sofia is going to make me suffer through it after the tantrum that I just had.

I'm not looking forward to anything other than going home and going to sleep, but I don't have any other choice. Not only that, but I'm also going to have to come face-to-face with the guy on stage that I was pissing off all night. As always, my actions are coming back to bite me in the ass. Thanks, self.

The line moves quicker than I thought, and when we get within view of the band members I can tell why: I'm not the only one that doesn't want to be here. The same guy I had been rolling my eyes at all night is now the one rolling his eyes. Even when an eager fan comes up with a camera, the guy can't even be bothered to smile. I guess that he, of all people, can get away with it. You know, since he is such a 'bad boy' and all. I can't help but scoff. In total, the three band members spend maybe thirty seconds with each group of fans, taking a picture and then kicking them out as soon as possible.

Even though I can't be more over it all, Sofia is shaking with excitement every time the line moves. She has her phone in her hands and I thought it was going to break because she is holding it so firmly.

Soon enough, there is only one group left in line before us. Only one group in between me and the pair of dark eyes that are suddenly looking my way in amusement. I feel a wave of goosebumps travel throughout my body.

Great. This is going to be so much fun.

After the group of three in front of us leaves, Sofia and I are ushered into the area where the guys are sitting by a tall, bald, and bulky man in black. He is the most 'security guy'-looking security guy I have ever seen, and not just because his shirt literally says

'SECURITY' in bold, white font. I almost stare at him in awe, but when I saw that he was already staring at me I look at the ground. I never knew I could be so intimidated by a guy that looks like Dwayne Johnson. Sofia must have been thinking the same thing because she looks at me with wide eyes. We share a short, muffled giggle before continuing into the area.

Although the light-hearted giggle with Sofia warmed me up a little bit, the feeling is quickly forgotten when the same eyes lock onto me with chilling intensity. I decide not to give in and keep my eyes anywhere but on him.

Since we were the last group in line, we weren't given a limit on the amount of time we could spend with the band members. Sofia couldn't have been more ecstatic.

"Oh. My. God!!" Sofia screeches as she runs over to the men, immediately hugging who I recognize as the drummer. I am not surprised that she lingers in his arms for a bit before moving over and quickly hugging the other two. "My name is Sofia, and this is my friend, Melinda. We're both super big fans of your music!"

She is a super big fan. I didn't even know they existed until today. I want to correct her but don't have the heart to ruin her moment with a snarky comment, so I hold back. No matter how much I want to see that one smirk leave my peripheral.

To please Sofia, I slowly lift my hand in a shy wave before I was grabbed by the arm so that Sofia could get a picture with everyone.

Before I can process what's going on I'm pushed into what I think is a wall because it is so stiff against my back. I soon realize that the 'wall' is moving up and down in calm breaths, and I don't want to look behind me in fear that it is who I think it is. I soon process that the band, Sofia, and I are huddled in a clump and there is a large camera and bright light facing us. The man behind the camera, who is obviously the photographer, starts to order us around, making adjustments.