10: Wyatt

I wake up in bed with her lying next to me, facing toward me with a peaceful look on her face. I want to pull her closer to me and stay like that forever, but I don't want to wake her up. She looks gorgeous when she's asleep, and I wish I could wake up to her like this every morning. I'm glad my drunk brain brought me here last night because what l'm looking at right now is better than anything I've ever seen before.

I don't know what I'm feeling, and it's probably just the alcohol still in my system, but right now Melinda is definitely not pissing me off. If anything, the thought of being in the same bed as her has me feeling like a teenage boy all over again because I cannot control my thoughts.

My eyes follow the outline of her body under the covers, tracing every dip and curve from her legs up to her head. That's when I see her shoulder, clothed only with a thin spaghetti strap that leads down into the lacey, silky pajama shirt she is wearing. I'm acting like a virgin-like l've never before seen a woman's shoulder. I mean, it's just her shoulder.

Get it together, Wy.

Just then she starts to flutter her eyes open, and I can't peel my gaze off of her, even if it means she catches me staring. Although, I do love how she blushes when she sees me looking at her or realizes I'm getting too close.

As I thought, her face becomes the most beautiful shade of pink when she opens her eyes and realizes I'm still here, in her bed, staring at her with a smirk. I know my teasing smirk has an effect on her, so I'll be sure to use it more often.

"Are we even now?" I ask, still flaunting the same cheeky grin.

"What?" She groans. I find her morning voice much more addicting than I should.

"We've both slept in each other's beds now. So, are we even, or would you like me to stay another night, Sugar?" I tease playfully.

Her eyes are now wide open as she stares back at me, and before I know it, she is getting up and walking toward her bathroom without saying another word.

I love having an effect on her.

I can now see everything she's wearing, and the silky, lacey top is matching a pair of sheer, small silk shorts. The alcohol definitely hasn't left my system yet because my eyes are glued to her perfect bottom as she briskly walks out.

Damn, I need to snap out of it.

Only now, when I'm no longer enchanted by her presence, do I realize my head is pounding and my eyelids are feeling heavy. I drank way too much last night. I decide to go back to sleep for a little bit. I don't think Jenna will mind because I just heard the shower turn on; girls usually take long showers, so l'll probably be awake again by the time she's done...