7: Melinda

I wake up with a pounding headache that's way worse than any l've had before. I groan and roll over in the bed I lay in, shielding my sensitive eyes from the light pouring into the room. I can't remember much from before I passed out, everything after Matteo and I sat down at the bar is gone from my memory. I can't remember what happened, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that tells me it wasn't good.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a door open. I look up and find that the room is empty, so I figure the sound must have come from outside.

Only when I look around do I realize that I am not in my own bed. The room is completely foreign, with wooden floors and great, big windows that reach the top of the tall ceiling. The navy blue walls are plastered with Rock 'n Roll posters and awards, and I sit in a king-sized bed that's centered on the wall, opposite a large TV. There are three doors in the room, which I assume probably lead to a closet, a bathroom, and a hallway. To the right of the bed is a long chair on which my jacket, purse, and shoes lay. I look down at myself and am relieved to see that I am still wearing my dress and undergarments from the night before.

 try to get up to grab my phone from my purse, but I immediately fall back onto the bed, still feeling too weak and dizzy to move. I find a glass of water, a bottle of Advil, and some food on the nightstand beside me with a note that reads:

Eat up. You need to eat in order to get your strength back. The Advil will help your head.

The note is not signed, which doesn't give me any more hints as to what happened, how I got in this room, or whose room it is. I'm reluctant to eat the food, but my stomach is screaming at me to eat, so l give in. I also take the pill, figuring if the food is safe then the medicine is too.

I finish the food and water before laying back down for a minute. I then try to stand up again, and, although still weak and a little dizzy, I am able to stand up with my hands on the wall to hold me steady. I reach for my purse on the chair, eager to get my phone so I can try to figure out what the hell happened last night and where I am.

However, when I go to turn on my phone it is dead. Of course.

I try to look around the room for a charger or something but am startled when someone opens the door and comes in. An older lady with white braided hair and wrinkles by her eyes and mouth walks over to me smiling, holding a towel and clothes in her arms.

"Good morning miss, l'm Daisy, the house caretaker. Mr. Brown has suggested you take a quick shower," she says before handing me the towel and clothes she was carrying, "When you're done, come and find me downstairs and I can arrange for a car to come and bring you home." She quickly leaves and closes the door behind her.

I'm so confused. I don't know her. I don't know a 'Mr. Brown.' He must be rich and arrogant though if he has a maid that he calls his 'house caretaker to make it sound better.

Honestly, I feel like I don't know anything anymore. Am I dreaming?

I decide that a shower might be a good idea. I figure it'll help focus my mind and soothe my sore body. I open one of the three doors in the room and am lucky enough to find the bathroom on my first try.

I thought the size of the bedroom was impressive, but this is the biggest bathroom I have ever been in. Everything is white and modern, and the marble floor tiles are cool on my bare feet as I walk in. There is a large shower in one corner with a waterfall showerhead, enclosed by clear glass walls. After looking around a little, I strip from my dress and hop into the shower, wanting to finish quickly so I can get out of here as soon as possible.

The water is warm and relaxing as it lands on my skin. The only body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in the shower look like they belong to someone else. However, I don't have many options, so I decide whoever uses them wouldn't notice if just a little went missing. I lather my body and wash it quickly.