11: Melinda

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I grab a handful of random clothes and I run into my bathroom, trying to get out of the same room as him before I turn beetroot red. I really need to get my blushing thing under control, but for some reason, it's only a problem around him... So maybe he's the problem.

I go to turn on my shower and pray that while I'm in here he either leaves or falls back asleep and forgets everything. I shouldn't have let him stay the night, but, really, what else was I supposed to do?

I don't remember his address and he probably didn't at the time either, so l really had no other choice. I had never regretted converting my old spare bedroom until last night.

Stupid Jenna.

This is the exact reason I had a spare bedroom in the first place: to save myself the embarrassment...

I take a quick shower, and then I get out to do my skincare and hair routines. I enjoy this part of my morning because it's relaxing and soothing. Not to mention it's also good for me and my body.

I stood in front of my mirror, finishing my routine, but then I realized that I forgot to bring a clean shirt and pair of pants into my bathroom for after my shower. I was so flustered when I got up that I completely forgot about anything other than getting away from him.

At least I remembered to grab a bra and underwear.

I groan internally and tightly wrap the small, cotton towel around my body. I'm praying he's not in my room anymore, but just in case he is, I'm not taking any chances by leaving my towel loose.

I quietly and slowly open the bathroom door, and I poke my head out to see if he's still in the room. I curse under my breath when I see him lying on my bed. I relax a little when I realize he's asleep, and decide to take this as my chance to leave and get my clothes.

My dresser is inconveniently on the other side of my room, and so l have to silently sneak past my Wyatt to get to it.

Once I make it, I sigh lightly, relieved that I'm halfway through this. To think, I could have saved myself all this hassle if I didn't let his words make me blush. He was just being a douche and poking fun at the fact we've slept in each other's beds, so why did it affect me so much?

Ugh. I hate that he has an effect on me.

I dig through my drawers and pull out a simple outfit: a super cropped tight, white tee and low-rise vintage Levi's.

"Oh, Sugar, don't tease me by walking around in only this. You're killing me," a low, deep voice suddenly whispers into my neck from behind me. I jumped at first from surprise, but now all I feel is an electric warmth running dowing my wet, bare body.

While I was busy picking out my clothes, I must have not realized that Wyatt got up. But now, he was towering over me from behind, leaning down into the crook of my neck and brushing his lips lightly over my skin.

For a moment l'm frozen, unable to move. Unable to tell if l even want to move at all...

No, snap out of it.

I turn around so that I'm facing him, holding my clothes tightly to my chest. I look up at him, tilting my head because of the height difference. His green eyes look down at me, and I don't miss how they run up and down my body, sending more electricity throughout my body.

"E-excuse me, I need to change," I say, but my voice comes out a lot softer and quieter than I had planned.

He looks at me for a few more seconds, silently checking me out, before he swiftly steps back and out of my way. Of course, his signature smirk finds its way to his face again while he tucks his bottom lip between his teeth.

I know he's expecting me to leave, but I don't. I can't. Our gazes meet, but I don't miss how his eyes travel down to my lips, lingering there as if waiting for something.

My breathing is just getting normal again, that is, until he starts to speak, "You know, you need to come up with a new nickname for me," he slowly makes his way closer and closer to my body so that we're mere centimeters apart.

"Oh, yeah?" I reply breathlessly, only half paying attention to the conversation, the other half on his lips.

"I'm not the 'little guy' you keep saying I am," he smirks, "So, you need to find a new name."

My breathing hitches at his insinuation, and I hold my bottom lip between my teeth. However, I can't let him have the final word, so l decide to play along- I decide to get bold.

"Then give me a reason to call you something else," I breath out, my hungry body now yearning to feel his lips on mine.

I know I shouldn't want to — I mean, he's a total asshole — but he's so hot, and I can't control my hormones.

I trail my fingers lightly down his broad chest, keeping my eyes locked on his. I slowly tease him as my hand drags lower, and lower, and lower...

I'm about to reach the waistband of his pants when he abruptly grabs my wrist, holding it in place while still keeping his gaze on my face.

"Be careful, or I'll give you a reason to scream my name, Sugar."

"Then what's stopping you?" I ask innocently.

Before I even realize what I said, his soft lips are on mine in a deep, desperate kiss.