Chapter 13: The Truth

Jennie's eyes narrowed hearing the truth..

Jennie: "huh?"

Taehyung: "Yeah the truth is I am Kim Gyeong-tae's only son and heir of Kim family from Seoul, Kim Taehyung... I have wanted to tell u but I was afraid you might refuse to get close to me after knowing that I am the son of biggest rival of your father.. also there was a risk of the news spreading in school making my life as a 'commoner' impossible"

Jennie stared at me in shock as I explained to her.

Jennie: *looks away in disbelief* "that just doesn't make sense, why would the son of biggest mafia even try to be a 'commoner'? You must have everything u needed in your life"

Taehyung: "You are wrong... I was lonely..."

"I had all kinds of wealth in my life, but I didn't have anyone close to me.. My father has always been busy due to his work so we aren't even that close... the only people close to me were Jungkook who left seoul when I was still young and my mother... who passed away too soon"

Jennie: (now her eyes had little sympathy in them) "Why didn't you make new friends, in your previous school?"

Taehyung: "I tried! but it didn't work.. everyone had their own selfish reasons to get close to me, some were after my power while some were after my looks... there was no one who truly wanted me for who I am"

"The only one who was able to be my true friend was Jungkook... when his father used to visit us for business deals, Jungkook used to tag along with him to play with me... he was almost as rich as me so he didn't really care about my status or anything... he truly accepted me as his friend! I am always grateful to him for being my only friend"

(Jennie's gaze softened as she realised that she had been through same thing, lisa being that one friend in her case)

Jennie: *with a guilt in her eyes* "I-... I apologise for judging you too soon.."

Taehyung: *wipes the few last tears on her face* "It's alright... I would probably have reacted the same way as you did if I were you" *smiles*

Ahh her cheeks r so soft.. (Stop moaning bro this is a serious moment --serious author)

Oh my god! Did she just blushed a little when I wiped her tears..?

Jennie: *looks away to hide her blush* "You are actually... kind"

I felt my cheeks heating up listening to her complimenting me... so many people have praised me before but this is the first time I am feeling like this!

I also looked away to hide my blush...

An awkward silence filled the room as we both were getting embarassed

Jennie: "So- umm... *changes topic* why did u decided to become commoner?"

Taehyung: "There's a small story behind it.

"In my precious school, there were rich students as well as commoners.. I always used to see them being happy with their fellow commoners.. They never approached me like others to be friends so I assumed they might not be after my status. That made me wanna be friends with them.. so I tried to approach them but then I realised that they never approached me becuz they were scared of me! Even when I asked them to be my friends, they didn't refuse becuz they were afraid to reject me, I didn't want such friendship!"

"at that time, I kept thinking for a whole day and then came to conclusion why I couldn't get real friends... The type of people who approached me were 1) People who were after my power, 2) People, especially girls who were after my looks.. my power as son of biggest mafia and my looks were two things that influenced their perception of me, so I decided to get rid of those two!"

"I decided to be be a nerdy looking commoner, who neither had any power, nor looks... I wanted a normal highschool life where I can hangout with my friends without worrying about being targetted.. I wanted freedom! however there was one miscalculation"

Jennie: "And what was that?" *she asked with curiosity in her eyes*

Taehyung: "I made a wrong assumption"

"I didn't realise that my new school might not have any other commoners.. and that's what happened, I got into our school with the help of scholarship but there was no other scholarship student like me! I realised that even the scholarship students like me didn't get admission in this school because school sabotaged them! Only I got the admission through scholarship route because my father asked the principle to do so"

Jennie: *sighs* "Yeah... even I have heard the rumours about our school sabotaging poor kids"

Taehyung: *nods* "I thought I would get lonely but fortunately, Jungkook was here, and thanks to him I became friends with lisa in no time! I'm so grateful to both of them as well as you for being the people closest to me"

Jennie: *again blushes a bit* "C-closest??"

Taehyung: "Yes! You three are the closest people to me who are friends with me for who I truly am and not becuz of my status or looks" *smiles*

Jennie: "I'm glad to be one of the few closest to you"

Even though I would want you to be my significant other..

Jennie: "You have been through a lot, haven't you?"

Taehyung: "But it was all worth it *smiles* after all I got to be closer to you..."

She looked at me in a little surprise

Taehyung: "...and lisa too!"

I ALMOST SPILLED BEANS

Jennie: "oh"

"but still... I again apologise, I shouldn't have assumed that you would ever do something like betraying me"

She looked down in guilt

Taehyung: "It's really alright Jennie. That didn't offend me at all"

"In fact you looked quite cute when you were angry"

Huh? Now why did I say it out loud...

Jennie: *laughs* "I always look good but thanks"

She smiled at me teasingly!

Finally!

All the tension in the room is gone!

Taehyung: "Anyways... Now that we back to good terms, what should we do?"

Jennie: "Right... I'm not in mood of studying"

Oh Jennie, you stole my words. I was about to say that!

Jennie: "Maybe we should..."

Taehyung: "Yeah.. We should!"

Jennie: "What?"

Tae: "Whatever you were going to say"

Jennie: *smiles* "but I didn't even complete my sentence"

Am I already acting like a married husband already?

Jennie: "So what I was saying is... I am kinda getting hungry"

Tae: "Let's eat!"

Jennie: "Maybe I should have brought snacks when I came here"

Tae: "No! Its alright? Why worry when chef himself is right here?"

Jennie: "Oh? Can you cook?" *she raised her eyebrow slowly getting impressed*

(Go Taehyung! This is your time to shine!)

I nodded

Jennie: "I can also cook, but my family don't allow me in kitchen for some reason"

Taehyung: "I can probably guess for what reason *chuckles*"

Jennie: "Did you just mock me"

Taehyung: "No! I swear I didn't! Anyways, I'll cook something for us to eat real quick! wait for me"

Jennie: "Okay! Thank you!"

Thus I prepared lunch for her and she in fact liked it! She looked impressed by my cooking... we didn't study at all and talked a lot till evening when she left! We spent so much time together and I even opened up to her about my past, I feel like we have grown a lot closer today... we were able to connect as friends!

but the whole time she had a slight blush on her face, maybe she likes me too but ig its too early to assume that yet! I hope one day I will be able to confess my feelings to her! Today's day proved to be the best day of my life as a commoner!

-to be continued

-

-Meme time-

Jennie: "I can also cook"

Also Jennie when she cooks:

-

(Author)

Hope you r enjoying my story! Please show support by upvoting and commenting! Thank you in advance!