Chapter 17 : Her Hidden Truth

(after two days)

Taehyung: *on call* "Lisa! It's me! How's the situation there?"

Lisa: "Your makeover is really working! They don't seem suspicious about me... At least for now"

Taehyung: "Great! You are really doing god's work rn! Thank you so much!"

Lisa: "Yeah don't worry about it! It's for Jennie after all! Jungkook almost got mad at you but when I told him the reason, he was ok with it"

Taehyung: "I can understand him! But be very careful okay? Even a little suspicion can get your life in danger"

Lisa: "Yeah.. ofcours- *the rooms door opens* someone's coming, I'll talk to you later"

Lisa hurriedly ends the call

Chaeyoung: "Oh did I disturb you? How is the study session going?"

Lisa looks at Alice who's busy drawing something at a little distance from her

Lisa: "Alice is doing great! In fact she is very smart and creative"

Chaeyoung: *smiles while looking at her sister* "I see, she always makes us proud!"

Lisa: "Umm... If you don't mind me asking, I haven't seen her mother yet? Where is she?"

Chaeyoung: *her expression changes to a little sad* "Well... She passed away 2 years ago"

Lisa: "Oh!!! I'm so sorry, it was insensitive of me to ask"

Chaeyoung: "No it's alright! It's okay to get curious and you didn't know about her so I understand!"

Lisa's pov: "She seems such a nice person... Taehyung, r u sure that she's the same bloodthirsty assassin you talked about?"

Chaeyoung's phone rings, but she rejects the call

Lisa: "You can talk to them if you want! It won't bother me at all"

Chaeyoung: "No it wasn't that important it's okay"

Lisa: "Looks like you got into a fight with your friend there"

Chaeyoung: *smiles* "I don't have friends"

Lisa: "Oh... I'm sorry for being nosy"

Chaeyoung: *chuckles* "It's okay, you don't have to apologize again & again.. think of me like a sister"

Lisa: "I appreciate that! Also I apologise in advance for being nosy but can I know the reason why you have no friends? If you r comfortable -"

Chaeyoung: "Trust issues... I have been betrayed a lot in the past due to me being such a weak person"

Lisa: *fliches* "WEAK??? YOU??"

Chaeyoung: "Mentally I mean"

Lisa's: "Oh okay... But you look like such a strong woman both mentally & physically"

Chaeyoung: "Thanks but I get a little too hurt when someone betrays me... and my bad luck is that... I always attract such back stabbers.. god must really hate me... *she tears up a little*"

Chaeyoung: "Oh no! Look at me opening up so easily when I just said I don't trust anyone easily, you must be thinking I'm being weird"

Lisa: "Not at all! I also don't have many friends, the only ones I had abandoned me after graduation, and being a 'commoner' I got so busy struggling for money that I couldn't focus on myself, so I understand your situation... In fact I'm glad you opened up to me"

(Lisa, the top graduate from Taehyung's school of lying)

Chaeyoung: *smiles* "Still there's a hope for me... You know, I like someone, I hope he doesn't betrays me at least"