I

❝𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉

❝𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉.❞

🗡

King Viserys told his wife a secret. One they could not agree on, but Queen Alicent had to nod and listen to him on the matter. Early in the morning she let her servants know that she needs to meet with the dressmaker. "He should bring the most expensive fabrics. Tell me when he arrives." As it was a queen's command the dressmaker came the very same day, with six people carrying fabrics. From silver and red to green and gold. They were all shining in the Sun's light.

The young Lady Aeirwen had accompanied the Queen to the chamber with confusion written across her face. The girl, now of ten, looked at all of it with caution. "You have outgrown all your good dresses. I ordered them to make you new." The Queen said to the girl. "Go choose fabrics, I want you to like them." Aeirwen's eyes met Alicent's and she smiled weakly coming closer to the tables adorned with riches. Inside herself, the Queen smiled when the girl chose green fabrics. It was as if she were- No.

Aeirwen talked to the dressmaker for a bit and then excused herself. "My Queen, you look a little tired." She said, "I can pick it another time."

"There will not be another time." Words uttered from her lips, making the girl's brows lift in confusion. "I'm sorry, you are right, Aeirwen, I have not been sleeping well lately." The Queen came closer to them. "Pick a fabric you want to wear for a special occasion." Alicent commanded, there was no trace of a smile or gentleness in her face.

"Why? Is it for Aegon's name day?"

"No." The Queen answered without further elaboration. It was not for Aegon's, Aemond's, Helaena's or even Aeirwen's name day. It was for the engagement news that Viserys planned to break in front of high lords and ladies. Alicent wanted for the girl to at least be in something she likes.

Aeirwen, as if sensing that something was wrong, did not press for the real reason. She picked a dark green fabric, making the dressmaker question about any funerals.

"I'm finished."

"Good." Alicent forced herself to smile. "We can go watch the boys train if you want. Helaena is still with the Septas."

Aeirwen nodded. Yes, she would like that very much. But she would prefer to be the one training. That was something she had asked the Queen, and even her father whom she saw less and less lately, about. The answer was usually no. Sometimes they said, they'll think about it. But Aeirwen doubted they did.

The training yard was more alive than the corridors of the Keep ever were. Aeirwen almost immediately spotted Aemond and Aegon with Ser Cole. The Queen noticed how the girl's eyes shone with excitement. Her throat tightened and she felt tears starting to gather in her eyes, so she quickly blinked them away. "Aeirwen," Her conscience got the better of her. But would it be so bad? The Queen asked herself. She would be living with Daemon, she should know how to protect herself in case of ... "I have given a thought to your request." Aeirwen's head snapped to Alicent. "And I wanted to say that if Ser Cole agrees, you have my permission to join them and train." She could already hear Calaen Targaryen's whining in her head. But she was doing the right thing.