IV

 ❝ 𝖅𝖆𝖑𝖉𝖗𝖎̄𝖟𝖊𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖟𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎 𝖎𝖐𝖘𝖔𝖘 𝖉𝖆𝖔𝖗. ❞

"If she burns you to ashes, I'll make sure to have bards sing about your bravery." Aeirwen told him with a smirk forming on her lips, but Aemond could tell she was a little nervous. The girl kept glancing back at the dragon in front of her and she slowly took a step back.

He scoffed at her comment and turned to the she-dragon sleeping on the sand. He felt a shiver of excitement running down his spine. "I'll make it back just out of spite."

Aeirwen nodded. "Go. You deserved it." The girl watched for a moment as the boy's silhouette got smaller and smaller, so she finally started to make her way back.

A couple steps before the hidden staircase, someone grabbed the hood of her cloak, stopping her. "Skoros issi ao doing kesīr, Rennie?" (what are you doing here, Rennie?) She didn't turn around to the man. His voice was easy enough to recognise.

"Nyke emagon already ivestretan ao issa brōzi. Ziry iksos, Aeirwen." (I've already told you my name. It's Aeirwen.) Her voice was calm, but deep down she was scared. How could she let Daemon catch her outside and without any weapon. Will he kill her like he did to Rhae Royce? He probably got rid of Laena too... The thoughts run quickly through her mind as she scanned the surroundings for any kind of sharp rock or-

"I will not let your father know about your and Aemond's venture if your lips remain shut about me and Princess Rhaenyra." He whispered to her, holding her hood in his fist tightly. Aeirwen's face angled slightly towards Daemon's stern face. She saw that he would do something to her if she tried to run or tell someone so she nodded slowly.

"Fine." Daemon nodded too, hearing the word. But then a laugh escaped him. The same way it did on the funeral. She followed his gaze and in the dark skies Vhagar roared. Atop of the dragon was sitting a small silhouette of her friend. The bards would be free of the song. She could stop a small smile that crept on her lips upon seeing Aemond on the dragonback. Daemon's eyes slid to her face and his eyebrow quirked up. When Aeirwen noticed it her smile dropped immediately. Her head shook and she tried to pull slowly away from the grip of her betrothed. "You know, Rennie, one of my daughters, planned on claiming Vhagar."