VII

❝𝕴𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊

❝𝕴𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊...𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈? 𝕮𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖔𝖗 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌?❞

Rhaenyra had sent a letter to Aeirwen. Rhaenyra. Princess Rhaenyra. Aeirwen had a hard time wrapping her head around it as it was most unusual for Viserys's firstborn to seek her. The letter itself was short, urging her to come-fly-to a forest that was somewhere around the Riverlands.

Rhaenyra told her to come alone. And to keep it a secret. And to burn the letter.

Aeirwen thought her cousin mad. But... The curiosity got the better of her. So after not burning the letter, and telling Aemond and Helaena about it she would be ready to go if not for Queen Alicent, who held her back for a visit to the Sept. Aeirwen prayed very quickly to the Gods for protection on her way there and when Alicent was done the girl asked her if she could get Chameleon and go for a ride.

"The Sun will be rising soon." Alicent answered, visibly reluctant to grant the girl's request, but she agreed. So Aeirwen took off that evening not for a quick ride around King's Landing but to the Riverlands.

From the distance as she was landing she could already see two silhouettes standing near the border of the forest and some distance farther- their dragons. She recognized them immediately. Syrax and Caraxes.

Her betrothed decided to grace her finally with his presence it seemed.

Aeirwen cautiously got off Chameleon and went up to them, keeping a safe distance. Mistrusting both of them.

"Hello, Rennie." Daemon flashed her a smile and she fought the urge to roll her eyes.

"Aeirwen." She corrected as Princess Rhaenyra took a couple steps in her direction. The sky was already beginning to look orange and the place where they stood was dark, making it hard for her to see if there were any threats as Aemond had warned her earlier. "Why this place?"

The Rogue Prince still grinned. "Remember when I told you I had no intention of marrying you?" He asked, cocking his head and took a step forward, making Aeirwen take a step back.