VIII

❝𝖂𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙?❞

Aelin watched as Tyland held their son and was pretending to steal his nose as Tytos laughed. "He will have a huge dragon. I can hear the egg cracking already." The Lannister said, smiling also at Aelin who nodded, taking a glance at the said black egg. She had a feeling it wouldn't crack, but said nothing.

"Rhaenyra had asked if we want to come and visit with Tytos. She's eager to see him." Aelin told him, bringing his attention to her. A wet nurse came up to Tyland and he passed her the boy.

"Dragonstone is a long way from here." Her husband replied, and she could hear the reluctance in his voice. "With a child so small-"

"Dad!" Tytos exclaimed from the servant's hands, but both parents ignored him.

"It would make me happy. I have not seen her since our wedding." Aelin stood up and came closer to him. "Please. We will be safe in a carriage, nothing will happen to him."

"I don't think Princess Rhaenyra likes me very much." Tyland admitted. "I do not feel comfortable in her presence either." He took a couple steps away from Aelin and looked at Tytos in his seat behind the table, being fed by the nurse. "It is too soon, dear wife."

Aelin sighed in defeat. "He's three." A soft whisper left her. "And he can eat on his own I believe." She scolded the woman.

She knew there was no way of convincing Tyland... A knock sounded on the doors interrupting the uncomfortable silence that settled. "Come in." Aelin answered, seeing that her husband won't.

Another wet nurse came in. "Your Lady Sister and the Queen wish to see your son. They are in the gardens awaiting, m'lady."

"They cannot just-" Aelin's voice raised and came out a high pitched voice that always annoyed Tyland.