IX

❝𝕴𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖊𝖉

❝𝕴𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖊𝖉. 𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊.❞

The screams of Lady Rhaenys- the Queen Who Never Was-had reached King’s Landing in no time. Two days before the huge wedding of Prince Daemon and Lady Aeirwen, news of Laenor Velaryon’s death came to the court. Grim news, but not surprising to Aeirwen at all… Queen Alicent looked at her children as they broke fast and crumpled the letter from Driftmark in her hand.

“Ser Laenor is dead.” She said to them all. Aegon looked as if he was already too drunk to comprehend it, but Aemond only looked at Aeirwen, who nodded to him very gently. The plan. Rhaenyra and Daemon had never told her what they would do about her husband, but it was clear to the girl that they needed to get rid of him. Her freedom for his life it seemed...

“Sea Snake is probably sad.” Helaena muttered to them, at which Alicent nodded. “The sea calls the salt.” Princess’s words left a silence at the table, but it was quickly destroyed by Aeirwen.

“I wish to go to the Sept today.” It was directed at Alicent, an invitation for the Queen to come, but someone else answered instead.

“I will go.” Everyone turned to Aemond in surprise.

Aegon’s eyebrow rose up in a sly smile and he leaned forward taking a cup of wine. “I shall go as well.” Now everyone turned to the eldest prince. “Helaena?” He asked with a grin as he took a sip.

His sister-wife nodded. “I… too.” Aegon clapped with his hands, turning to his mother, but he quickly retreated back under her gaze. Alicent stared at him with bewilderment, but her gaze was also stern and suspicious.

“I have to stay this time.” Alicent said, “the wedding preparations are important as is the matter of death of Ser Corlys’s son.” She met Aeirwen’s gaze, but Helaena sighed.

“What if it's the last time Rennie is with us? She’ll have to move after the wedding.” I will not have to, because there will be no wedding. Aeirwen thought to herself, but looked at Alicent.