III

❝ 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖊-𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓

❝ 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖊-𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓. ❞

"The remains of Lady Laena's body are being prepared. The funeral will take place the day after tomorrow." Lord Corlys spoke to Viserys. "I'm getting back to Driftmark, to Rhaenys today." Aeirwen froze in the tunnel. She was supposed to replace Lady Laena Velaryon.

Aelin put her hand on her sister's shoulder. "Don't grip the bars." Aelin hissed in her ear and Aeirwen immediately retracted her hand from the silver piece. A wave of shame overcame her, because of her inanity.

"Of course, Lord Corlys, please do expect us all at the funeral of your daughter." The Queen said, cutting into Viserys's words, a fake smile played on her face.

Aelin's hand squeezed her sister's shoulder tighter. "Is that all for today, my lords?" Viserys asked his council and they responded by nodding. "Then I'm closing today's session. Go rest." He told them, standing up himself, but ending up losing balance and retracting into his chair.

"I had hoped they would talk about something more interesting." Aelin said a little too loudly and both sister's noticed their father's head snapping in their direction. "Time to leave." The older sister smiled nervously. "We were never here." She ordered Aeirwen who nodded and Aelin ran out of the tunnel, leaving her alone.

Aeirwen sat down, leaning on the cold wall behind her. She had time, right? It's not like they were going to marry her to him now... What if she ran away? Aeirwen has heard Aegon speaking of Essos, maybe she would go to Mereen. Lay on the sunny beaches and... No, she hated sand.

"Rytsas." (hello) A known voice greeted her in a hushed tone. When she turned, Aemond was coming to sit down next to her.

She smiled at the use of High Valyrian. "Jiōrna." (welcome) She responded back to him.

"I guess I'm late."

"They've only spoken of Lady Laena." Aeirwen reported, looking at him and seeing his brows scrunch.

"Isn't- Wasn't she Daemon's wife?"

"Yes, she was." She sighed heavily.

"And you are to-" Aeirwen nodded, interrupting his words. She did not wish to hear it. "Will he let you train with me still?" Aemond asked and felt his cheeks grow warm, but thankfully the tunnel was too dark for her to see. "I just mean that Aegon is awful and my half-sister's sons are-" He tried to clear the earlier words.

She shook her head. "No, I will have to leave King's Landing and live with him. At least, that's what they told me."

"So, we won't see each other anymore? Mother had told me-" He asked, forgetting to switch the word 'see' to 'train'. He didn't want her to think he liked her company. But Aeirwen already knew he did, why else would he ask her to see the dragon, why else would he accompany her to spy on the council? Even if he were late.