Chapter 19: The Deal.

Earth, April 10th, 2570

The combined forces of the USR and the native Terran military prepared for the inevitable battle. Captain Hamilton, leading the defense fleet, stood resolute. The Hearts Glory, along with other advanced ships, took their positions in orbit, ready to engage the oncoming threats.

In the French countryside, known as the Hedgerows, soldiers from various species of the USR gathered to fortify their defenses. The natural cover provided by the hedgerows became a strategic advantage, offering opportunities for ambushes and covert operations. Laughter and camaraderie among the troops contrasted with the gravity of the impending conflict.

William Howard, the legendary Black Devil, made his presence known, offering both his expertise and the formidable power the URNS Tartarus. As well as General Greivous, who is in command of the Revenge-class Heavy Ion Dreadnought, named the Avenger. The seasoned commanders, with their battle-hardened reputation, instilled confidence in the hearts of those preparing for the fight.

"We got to get the Bastards off our backs, the numbers they have will make our preparations unless, even with the Sheild Generators, Mirage Tanks, and the Ion Cannons, there is no way Earth can live without consequential damage." Genral T'esvor said as she looks at the holomap of the Fleets of the USR, and the estimate of the Krakotl and the Harvesters.

"What About using the Axur as a lure?" Howard suggested, making some of the Federation ambassadors and soldiers look at him in complete fear.

Captain Hamilton considered Howard's suggestion, his gaze shifting between the holographic representation of the incoming fleets and the legendary commander. The tension in the room was palpable, a mix of uncertainty and the gravity of the situation.

"Using the Axur as bait... that's a risky move, Howard. We don't know how the Krakotl  will react, and we can't afford to use the Axur completely. They might see it as an opportunity to strike Earth directly," Captain Hamilton replied, his voice measured.

General Grievous, standing alongside Howard, spoke up in his characteristic raspy voice, "If the goal is to distract them, I suggest using hit-and-run tactics with our faster ships. Draw their attention away from Earth, make them chase shadows. But risking the Axur in a direct confrontation might not be the wisest move."

Howard nodded in agreement with Grievous. "Fair point. We'll use our more agile ships for hit-and-run maneuvers, keep them on their toes. And at the same time, fortify our defenses here on Earth. I want every available weapon ready, and the shield generators at maximum capacity."

Captain Hamilton, recognizing the need for a multi-faceted strategy, concurred. "Agreed. Let's not put all our eggs in one basket. We'll use the distraction tactic and bolster our defenses simultaneously. We can't afford any mistakes."

As the leaders finalized their plan, the tension in the room shifted to a focused determination. The fate of Earth hung in the balance, and the combined forces of the USR and the native Terran military were prepared to face the incoming storm.

As the combined forces of the USR and the native Terran military prepared for the looming battle, a meeting was convened between Captain Hamilton, General T'esvor, William Howard, and General Grievous. They gathered in a secure command center deep within the heart of Earth's defense network.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Unkown space, Axur Spy Station, April 12th, 2570)

Alarms blared from the cockpit, causing Governor Tarva's fur to stand on end. Secretary-General Elias Meier snapped up from his snoozing position, processing the stimuli with lightning speed. The human leader jumped into full-alert mode, rushing toward the ship's helm. Accompanied by a ten-ship UN escort armed to the teeth, they planned to skirt the edge of FTL comms range and transmit a message to the Arxur station's coordinates.